“Crispy cockles.......”
Review of The Buxted Inn

The Buxted Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Buxted
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A boutique hotel, restaurant and bar. Restaurant - Our restaurant serves fresh British food using locally sourced ingredients, the menu changes on a monthly basis. It is a beautiful setting for a romantic meal for two or a family get together. Rooms - We have 8 modernly decorated en-suite double rooms. All have state of the art power showers, king sized beds, tea and coffee facilities and complimentary bottled water. Bar - This is a hub of the community, popular with locals and those from further afield. You can pop in for a pint of local ale or a nice bottle of wine, and enjoy it on the comfort of our sofas or on the sunshine terrace (sunshine not always provided).
Reviewed November 8, 2018

....who ever thought of the idea was a genius!!

Ate here in the summer for the second time and it was definitely an improvement from the first. The crispy cockles were the jewel of my meal - although my family kept stealing them from me!

Really good value, service and setting. The waitress we had was amazingly helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: August 2018
Nick B, Owner at The Buxted Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank-you for the review and I’m very happy you enjoyed your meal!

Hopefully we will see you back soon and we will attempt to push it up to a 5 star experience!

Thanks

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on a Monday night and were made to feel very welcome from the moment we entered. Staff engaged well with the kids and even sorted out a meal for one child which was not on the menu. Fish and chips were wonderful.

Date of visit: October 2018
Nick B, Owner at The Buxted Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the 5 star reveiw and I am delighted you enjoyed your meal!

Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed October 20, 2018

The special £10 menu for a main plus a drink ( wine or beer) produced some delicious food, Coq au Vin and mash plus grilled salmon on a bed of rice and vegetables. Dessert and local cheese selection was also excellent. Good and friendly service. Was just right for a friends lunch get together

Date of visit: October 2018
Nick B, Owner at The Buxted Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2018

Hi Dudley,

Thanks for the review and I am glad you enjoyed your lunch! Hopefully we will see you back soon where we will work even harder to push your experience up to a 5*!

Thanks

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We booked a table for 6 online easy enough, based on the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor. I am so glad we did. The Buxted Inn is situated in the centre of Buxted, with adequate parking around the back. The decor and style is very modern and clean, but had enough of a homely touch in the bar area to relax. Local ales were on sale which was also a very big plus.
The menu, whilst not extensive is varied, locally sourced and interesting enough to give diners a difficult decision on what best to have. Not that it mattered too much because when the food came out all the selected dishes looked and tasted incredible.
from starters right through to dessert, all of us remarked on how well presented, and delicious the food was.
The quality of service also matched the food, staff were attentive, friendly and helpful.
Thoroughly enjoyable experience and would definitely return when next in the area

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank 654daveg
Nick B, Owner at The Buxted Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hi Dave,

Thank-you for choosing to dine with us and for taking the time to reveiw. I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed everything!

Looking forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!

Regards

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

My review heading says it all!! I was staying here on a business trip - arriving after a four hour drive myself a my colleague were greeted with a lovely warm smile and a friendly exchange. We were shown pur rooms and everything carefully explained. My room was tastefully decorated, calm and very clean. Lovely extra touches and everything you would need. Then had a lovely meal and a hood night's rest. Thank you .. I will definitely book again when I am in the area.

Date of visit: September 2018