Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$169
US$158
Hotels.com
All reviewsmachine shedrestaurant parkingpool area isdes moinescell phoneleft a lot to be desiredwi firight next doorlarge roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulnice placebed was comfortableoff the highwayshoweriowa
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Getting to the hotel was a little trickier than I would have liked since you have to twist and turn around other parking lots before you can get to the hotel.

The indoor swimming pool was warm and clean. The deepest point is 5 feet, so the kids have fun flopping around without having to worry about treading water. The hot tub is large and relaxing, but if you want a HOT hot tub you might be disappointed.

The rooms were spacious, but the room we were in only had a shower. You might have to request a tub if you are in need of one.

The breakfast was plentiful and delicious, but the basic fare you find at every hotel of this quality. No surprises for us.

I am not fond of the policy requiring guests to request room safe fee to be waived or refunded, but I think that is a corporate thing and not specific to this hotel.

Despite my minor complaints, this hotel is good enough to stay at again.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I had a change in plans and made a phone reservation with this hotel the day before I arrived. I was pleasantly surprised at the attractive exterior and location. I am a Choice Privileges, Holiday Inn and Hilton Gold ...due to the fact that a travel a lot. I am very impressed with the Sleep Inns I have recently stayed in. From October 1-28, I have spent 16 nights in various hotels, so I have seen my fair share. This location was bright, clean, hospitable, quiet and comfortable. They have an onsite laundry and computer use in the lobby. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but the restaurant next door is DELICIOUS and you can get meals there with huge portions and home style cooking. My room was large and clean. I was told they would be upgrading the beds but I had no gripes.I will be back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank motherjanegoose
Reviewed October 17, 2007

The front staff hardly had time to tell us where our rooms were. The room was very small and stuffy, the airconditioner didn't work, only hot air blowing, you couldn't adjust the temperture. The room had an odor to it, not sure if that was because they let dogs stay there. The breakfast was so crowed, and not a very good choice, they ran out of O.J. and skim milk. I would not stay here again, and makes me question all Sleep Inns.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The hotel was very easy to find, and when we drove up to it, the outside appearance was nice. I made my reservation in advance, and it took about 30 seconds to check in with a friendly person at the front desk. I had requested a rollaway bed in my online reservation and it was waiting in the room when we got there. The room is not large, but it had tall ceilings and even with the rollaway bed, it was fine. We found the room and beds very clean and well kept.

The family and I had plans to swim in the pool the evening we checked in, and we found the pool to be fantastic. The water temperature was just right, the pool and surrounding area was clean, there was no one else in the pool and there were probably a hundred clean towels stacked on the shelves by the wall ready for our use. The hot tub is huge and it was also nice and clean with an appropriate temperature.

The breakfast was good - there was toast, doughnuts, cereal, milk, a few different juices and other things. Seemed well stocked and there was a person working in the area that was keeping things clean and full.

The only thing that keeps me from making this review a perfect one is a few late night (fairly loud) runs down the hallway by some girls that were apparently there for a soccer tournament. Not too big a deal, but woke me up for a few minutes and this IS a "Sleep" Inn.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank omahaH2o
Reviewed July 27, 2007

We recently spent three nights at the Sleep Inn in Urbandale (Des Moines). The stay was everything we could have expected. Check-in was efficient and when I presented the confirmation printed at the time of making the reservation, the cleck said "Oh, you have three different rates for each of your three nights. That's not right. I'm going to give you the lowest rate for all three nights." Great! The room was very large, clean and comfortable. Comfortable bed. Everything worked. Wireless internet free. Very reasonable price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple