“Just wasn't impressed...”

Chapala
Ranked #5 of 149 Restaurants in Waterloo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 27, 2017

I am sure the food at Chapala is great but bad service can ruin the experience. Just left.. first time here and, being from out of town, probably my last. What it comes down to is we simply waited.. and waited... to place food order (20+ minutes), to be checked on after food arrived (nobody checked) and to get our check and leave. 1 hour 40 minutes in a Mexican Restaurant for 2 margaritas and 2 meals is simply unheard of. Chapala wasn't overly busy. It just took forever. Seems like everybody else has had a great experience. I hope it was one of those nights.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for supper on the recommendation of the clerk at Motel 6.

Good choice. Salsa is spicy with the complimentary chips, yum.

Tecate beer was only $2 each.

My wife loved her enchiladas and I had Huervos Rancheros for supper

Service was great. Atmosphere was gear and food was great !

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 19, 2017

I'm all about great Mexican food and this fit the bill, from the chips and salsa in the beginning through dinner (we were too full to even consider dessert). Great food, drinks, and service! Will definitely consider stopping again when we are in Waterloo.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

The reviews were great and I agree. Ordered my favorite the shredded beef chimichanga, it came with beans, rice, guac and sour cream. The taste, texture and quantity was excelkent. Can't be the price either! I will definitely be back on my next trip to Waterloo! Oh and fabulous service as well!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 13, 2017

By far our favorite Mexican restaurant in Waterloo!! They have the best Seafood Mexican Cuisine to choose from on their very large menu!!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Chapala? Share your experiences!