“If you lilke Mexican Food this is for you!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Patron Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 149 Restaurants in Waterloo
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We spend a lot of time in Mexico and our dinner tasted just like we were in Mexico. I had a chicken dinner and my husband had beef. They both came with the rice and beans just like we always get. Dinners were big, we are seniors so could have shared dinner.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Good food, good Margaritas, waitress with an attitude. No matter how good the food and drinks are your server can ruin your experience.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 18, 2017

I walked into the restaurant, thinking maybe I had chosen a bad time, as it was mostly empty. However, that feeling passed when I got my order - the chorizo burrito....YUM! Filled with home-made beans, lots of cheese, rice, and plenty of sauces for sides. Add to that their signature Margarita, and the meal was complete - no doggie bag needed! On the list of favorite places to eat.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017

One of the best Mexican restaurants in town! Delicious, authentic dishes in healthy portions. Quick service and reasonable prices.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

We were the first two of our party of 10 we had called and made reservations. When we walked in we were the only people in the restaurant after a few minutes someone arrived and gave us chips and salsa never spoke to us and our server was up at the bar watching a video on a cell phone which she continued to watch well I continue to awkwardly stare at her until someone else that was watching the video with her finally realized we would like drinks which is usually why you go out to a restaurant like El Patron. When our friends arrived she also could not be pulled away from the video so they sat waiting for drinks after more Awkward staring she finally came over made their drinks. We were only her only table and if we wanted something we had to flag her down including to order food. Also my second drink a was all mixer for $9.75 i should at least taste some liquor. None of us will be back anytime soon I hope you find this before you loose anymore customers because your food is delicious!!!

Date of visit: December 2016