“They treat you like family”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Waverly
Madison, Wisconsin
“They treat you like family”
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I was a little surprised to read the reviews, as this is very different than anything that I have experienced. I am a frequent traveler who has stayed at a number of hotels over the last 10 years, and the staff at the Comfort Inn in Waverly are some of the best. They make you feel comfortable, are quick to respond to issues (which have been minimal), and always go above and beyond. While the hotel is older, the beds are great, the rooms are always clean, and it is located close to stores, restaurants and local businesses.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
We are trying our best to take care of every guest as much as we can withing our reach. I personally thank you for your honest opinion about your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2010

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Inn Waverly Iowa hotel this past weekend. It was a very nice hotel. We were visiting family and needed an affordable hotel room rate for the weekend. The Comfort Inn hotel had the best rates that we could find in town. Our children were able to visit new indoor park at college called the "W" which was in close proximity to the hotel. Kudos to the stay on being friendly and professional.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hogichang
responder, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
Thank you for your opinion and its means very encouraging and provide our staff to work one step further to take care of the guest.
cedar rapids, ia
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I would never stay here, even if my life depended on it. They are very rude and unwilling to accommodate their guests. I would drive an extra 30 miles to stay at another hotel.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank fourcorp1
responder, management at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 September 2009
Thank you for opinion. I don't have specific to this comment but one thing we do makesure that any unusual request made by guest (inappropriate to hotel environment) or unusual language or behaviour not suitable with hotel staff or other guest in any ways will not be accomodoted. Our guest safety comes first and our policies are very effective for guest safety first. I don't know what is this about but i thank you for your opinion.
Daphne, AL
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Before staying at this hotel, I read the previous reviews which led me to expect poor, rude service. However, my experience was quite different. I stayed two nights and found the desk clerks to be extremely friendly, professional and pleasant. The room was clean and appeared updated. Everything worked like it was supposed to. When I had to change my reservation, I was greeted by a pleasant woman who was very accomodating and handled my requrest professionally. I took the time to meet the owners upon checkout and told them about my good experience. Don't believe everything you read that is negative. Some people are just complainers.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Iowa
Reviewed 20 January 2009

This was the worst experience with a hotel I have had in my life, on a day that was supposed to be the happiest..I was born in Waverly and had my wedding nearby. Much of my family lives in the area. A block of rooms was reserved under my name. However, when multiple guests tried to use my last name as a reference for the block they were all put on my father's credit card by the managers. They double booked several guests, and two of my friends were told they did not have a room and that it was our mistake for telling people to use our last names (general protocol when referencing a block of rooms for a wedding!) When I tried to call to ensure that our rooms were still intact, and to inquire why several guests who thought they had a room were told they did not, I was met with a screaming and incredibly rude female manager who kept threatening to cancel all my guest's reservations. When my mother-in-law attempted to call the corporate office after they had upset me and messed up several reservations to make sure we still had them, the managers found out she had called the corporate office and called her and told her if she filed a complaint with the corporate office she would lose her reservation. They continued to call and leave messages on her machine (threatening) and she finally had to call the corporate office to have THEM tell the managers to stop calling her AT HOME. She found a room at a town many miles away rather than staying there. I would have canceled my reservation as well, however, due to massive flooding in the region all other hotels were booked. When we arrived, the desk clerk (not the manager) was very helpful. The room was average, although the towels shabby and musty smelling. The breakfast was what one would expect--stale bagels and ok coffee. After the wedding, myself and several guests filed formal complaints and were sent letters that continued to blame the guests for the manager's mistakes. This seems to be par for the course for the owners of this hotel: making mistakes, accepting none of the responsibility, and blaming guests for their mistakes. I never received a discount, nor an apology for the treatment I received on my wedding day. I received a letter filled with excuses. I am not sure what hospitality school would ever instruct people to treat customers this way, especially for their wedding. If you want to ensure decent treatment, DO NOT stay here.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Unapologetic and Rude Management
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Rae-Mel
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 26 January 2009
I personally thank you for your comment and I have looked into great detail of this comment to see any duplication of wedding block rooms etc.
We have following guideline to follow, when it comes to wedding block reservation. I will try my best to explain the procedure of any block that is created with this location.
Wedding blocks are created without credit card and block names uses both parties last name e.g. smith and phillips wedding block.
Block is reserved with certain number of rooms in them. When guest call to book a room out of the block, then hotel has to take all the information from guest to guarenttee room to a specific guest and this qunatity will be reduced from the block. Now this guest is considered as a regular reservation guest with appropriate cancellation policy. Every single reservation with credit card guarentee is given confirmation number(s). Our system is webbase system so our 800# national reservation agents can also lookup this reservations under individual names. Once the rooms are put on credit card it is guest responsibility to follow all the policy for cancelling the room, changing the room, arrival date etc. Second reservation for the same guest also has to follow above steps. In the event of multiple reservations situation, system do not allow to copy credit card inforamtion from one reservation to another. In case of multiple reservation situation, we do request rooming list from the guest prior to arrival if guest wishes to provide one. Reservation agent follows how guest want to guarentee the room(s).Guest is solely responsible for multiple reservations to make any changes.
Every block has a cutoff date and unpick rooms from the blocks are released to general inventory so other guest can book those rooms.
At the time of check in every guest (person who is paying for the room(s)) has to sign their folios, if they are paying for a specific room then credit card imprint is taken at that point. (part of Normal check in procedure)
I am very disappointed about your experience and will improve the procedure within my reach. I apologize for any misunderstanding or mis-communication that may have occured between the hotel staff and you.
cedarrapids
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We had situation due to ice storm in the area and found out that out of 4 wheels of my car one of them was frozen due to ice storm. General Manager and/or owner has got me a bottle of Deicer from next door Super Walmart and use on one of the wheel without me asking for the help from hotel. They must have notice while i was moving my car in parking lot. Please accept my personal thanks for this type of service.

• Liked — staff service
  • Disliked — friendly staff service and helping nature
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank easterniowa
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2009
We have always try to help within our reach. We have also have portable bettery charger and during the year several guest saved money for towing services. We will continue looking into more option to help our loyal guest.
Iowa
Reviewed 16 January 2009

The staff at the front desk was very rude, both over the phone when we called prior to our arrival regarding questions and upon arrival. She used profanity in the breakfast room while talking about a guest at the hotel. This type of behavior does not represent professionalism and good customer service. Beware of language staff uses, if you have small children on taking them to the breakfast room. Also beware of staff treatment, they could use some growth in professionalism and cutomer sevice .

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank marathonrunnerIowa
responder, manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 January 2009
I appreciate your comment and management will look into this very carefully and take appropriate action immediately.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waverly
2.9 km away
25.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Cedar Falls
#1 of 14 in Cedar Falls

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!