All reviews his mother amana colonies starbucks coffee pool and hot tub great place to stay quiet location pleasant experience home away from home well taken care iowa city easy access beds were comfortable outlet mall sandi manager gita motel
Reviewed November 17, 2017

The owners are absolutely amazing! This place is owned and operated by a mother and son team. They were so grateful that we stayed at their hotel. The rooms were not perfect but there are no perfect rooms around Amana!! We will stay at this hotel when we return to Amana next year to stock up on wine :)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hariominc, General Manager at Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

The least that we can say is- Many Thanks for choosing to stay with us! We will always endeavor to do our level best for you. We are also very appreciative of you taking the time to write a positive review....Regards & Best Wishes Always!

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

I only stopped through for a quick overnight, but the Staff were great and helpful. The location is impossible to miss off the highway, and rooms are comfortable and clean, WiFi is free and fast, can't ask for much more.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Hariominc, General Manager at Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Sir...Firstly, Thank You for your service to our nation....we appreciate you staying with us and then taking the time to write a positive review and thereby extend your "Support"...Regards Always!

Reviewed October 17, 2017

The room, spa and pool were very clean. The General Manager and his mother were the sweetest people. If we go back to that area, we will make reservations there again. It is approximately a 15 minute drive away from the Colonies. Getting to the colonies is not very complicated.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hariominc, General Manager at Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Dear Ma'am....Greetings!...Your words made our day!...Thank You So Much for taking the time to extend your "Support" by writing the positive review...we will always endeavor to do our level best for you and your husband...Regards Always!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Love the size of the rooms and the fact that the bedspread was a nice light weight comforter. So much better than those heavy ones the 5 Star motels have on them. It was light weight and warm. The owners were waiting for me even thought I came after 11 PM. I was their last customer but someone pulled in as I finished checking in. They were just as pleasant and helpful to them as they were to me.

I highly recommend this place. A quick drive to Iowa City and not the hustle and bustle. In fact, if I would have had time I would have loved to sit out in the gazebo and enjoyed the scenery.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Hariominc, General Manager at Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Thank You Much Ma'am...We will always endeavor to take the best possible care of you...Regards Always!

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We decided to stay here based on the reviews that we read. When we checked in I was advised the rate was the lowest to include the internet. I started to ask some questions in regards to the room and the person (didn't know if he was an employee, manager or the owner) I spoke to was being very condesending. He proceeded to look at and speak to my husband like I wasn't even there. The room was ok, no breakfast served. For what the rates were you think they would have more amentities. The next morning when we checked out I went to the front desk, spoke to the same person and advised him that I found the rates on the internet to be cheaper. He then told me I would have had to make the reservation over the internet to get those prices. With the tone of his voice that I was hearing, I just left. Needless to say this is one place that I would be returning to.

Room Tip: Not this place.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tsgts2
Hariominc, General Manager at Heritage Inn Amana Colonies Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

I distinctly remember checking you and your husband in ...the internet rate is generally lower for most hotels...that is the reason hotels frequently advertise to reserve online and that is what i stated to you!!....what i FAIL TO UNDERSTAND about you folks is that we clearly state all our amenities and you asked me about them too so why rent the room here if you feel that the amenities are not there when there are many hotels in the area....so folks like yourself rent the room knowing what the property offers and then write a negative review...WOW BEATS ME!!!