“Excellent”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Visited here on a recommendation from Castellor. I always look for a pub/restaurant to be used by the locals which is a good indication of how good the food is. This is well used by the locals and I can see why. We had the soup followed by the gammon and also the small ham, egg and chips. It's actually refreshing to find somewhere that offers smaller portions. The food was excellent and I understand all locally sourced. I would highly recommend here, the staff were friendly and efficient and the tables well spaced out so you are not sitting on top of everyone. I also thought the meal was excellent value for money and will not hesitate to return. Highly recommended

4  Thank Angela T

Reviewed 28 September 2017

We stopped for a mid week lunch when the restaurant was very quiet. We received a friendly welcome and had a choice of tables. The food was served efficiently, was well cooked and presented and very tasty. We look forward to returning.

4  Thank TJeffP
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

This place looks good lovely inside and out, but the good news ends there, it's neither a pub nor a restaurant although it looks like a pub there is no bar action and although the price of the food implies restaurant quality restaurant quality it ain't. I had mushroom starter which was tepid and writes tasting (I think it had Chinese 5 spice in it) followed by muscles, all my muscles had grit and were small and over cooked, my hubby had burger which was not home made. I'd say give this place a miss as there are plenty of friendly nice places nearby.

3  Thank stanwally
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Very old 18th century exterior with 21st century decor inside. Fantastic food and service. Main and desert with a couple of drinks each was approx £65 so not cheap but very good quality.

4  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my family of four adults plus an infant and the dog. Staff were friendly. The menu has a good selection. Service was timely. The meals served were gorgeous! Tasty and well cooked, succulent chicken, veg not over done. Our entire table commented on how good their meal was. I would very much like to eat here again!

4  Thank Gemma I