“Lunch was a dream”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2017

The food was to die for everything from the soup through to the chicken and mushroom pie of the day to the winter berry eton mess desert. I could not recommend this place more highly. We went as two couples and ere not disappointed. A bit slow service but the food is all made fresh and the specials menu was divine and good value, so well worth waiting for the best meal I've had in years in any pub. Well Done team we loved it

5  Thank Buzz H

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

The black lion never disappoints. Sublime Sunday dinner, good wine list and doggie treats as well. Without doubt our go to Anglesey Sunday dinner. Thank you to Mari and the team.

5  Thank arazd
Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Dined her the other night on my own and what a nice meal it was from start to finish the gentleman behind the bar and taking the orders was fantastic. I will be back next time I visit the area!

5  Thank Chris B
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Visited here on a recommendation from Castellor. I always look for a pub/restaurant to be used by the locals which is a good indication of how good the food is. This is well used by the locals and I can see why. We had the soup followed by the gammon and also the small ham, egg and chips. It's actually refreshing to find somewhere that offers smaller portions. The food was excellent and I understand all locally sourced. I would highly recommend here, the staff were friendly and efficient and the tables well spaced out so you are not sitting on top of everyone. I also thought the meal was excellent value for money and will not hesitate to return. Highly recommended

5  Thank Angela T
Reviewed September 28, 2017

We stopped for a mid week lunch when the restaurant was very quiet. We received a friendly welcome and had a choice of tables. The food was served efficiently, was well cooked and presented and very tasty. We look forward to returning.

4  Thank TJeffP