“"Going Downhill Like a Snowball Headed for...."”
Review of Best Asian

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Best Asian
Ranked #73 of 128 Restaurants in Hutchinson
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed January 3, 2016

Best Asian has long been a family favorite but after the last couple of visits we're done. It's went to mediocre and then to terrible. Several people in my household felt lousy all afternoon and evening after eating there. I don't know what's needed. The place maybe needs a partner to invest in the building and to insure food quality. And with Panda Express now in town, this place doesn't get it's act together it's done for.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Not much to look at outside or in. Seemed clean, just not fancy or modern at all. Never ate here before, so ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan to play it safe. Reasonable prices, promptly took my order, 5 minutes later I walked out with what turned out to be a hot, fresh, tasty meal. Not bad at all.

3  Thank buckyohare2
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was in Hutchinson on business and craving fresh broccoli in garlic sauce. I tried this place based on the generally positive reviews of my fellow Tripadvisors. Unfortunately, the food was very, very bland with a tasteless watery 'sauce'. I had truly hoped I had found a 'hole in the wall gem', but suspect the Asian family running the place has had to adapt their recipes to the typical mid-western taste buds accustomed to meat and potato dishes.
I did notice the place was doing a brisk take-out business - and for good reason. The actual restaurant is disgusting. You will definitely want to call for delivery or in advance for take out. Points off for a filthy place, harsh white lighting that accentuated the worn, dirty carpet. Even old and worn-out restaurants places can be clean. This one isn't.
Side note to the reviewer who complained about the sushi: Dude, you're in a small town in the middle of landlocked Kansas. You may need to greatly adjust your expectations or wait to fulfill your sushi craving until you're at least in a major city.

1  Thank Fatchihuahua
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place looks like a dump! It is a dirty, run down poor excuse for a restaurant. The only reason I went there is I had heard it was good, but that was far from the truth. We ordered three different kinds of sushi, each one had avocado, and two drinks the total was over $20.00. After we had paid and sat down we were informed that they didn't have any avocado and that they would use cucumber instead. After waiting 10 minutes we got our order which looked very drab, I was brave enough to eat one piece and barely got it down, it was warm and tasted disgusing! We put it in a bag and took it with us and threw the whole order away and ate somewhere else. I guess I should have gone to the counter and asked for a refund when I was there but I didn't, I called later on and was told that sushi rice is supposed to be warm!!! I have eaten sushi at many resaurants and have never had an experience like this, needless to say the jerk that I spoke to on the phone would not refund my money, so I hope that I can do my part by warning other people to stay away from this DISGUSTING PLACE THAT RIPPED ME OFF!!! If there was a worse rating than 'terrible' I would definately use it. I wish that I would have taken a photo of the food - that would speak louder than anything I could say.

1  Thank Lainie33
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I hope this little hole in the wall place can survive. It is sooooo much better than any other Asian offerings in Hutchinson. Cooked fresh to order, quality ingredients, very reasonably priced and large servings.

4  Thank Sask57