“DIRTY-DIRTY-DIRTY” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Junction City
colorado
“DIRTY-DIRTY-DIRTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

After a very long day we needed to stop,this hojo was in a good location we went in and the desk clerk was very nice we booked a room and went to eat and got back to the room checked the beds they were ok and clean but it went down hill from there, this was the dirtest hotel ive ever been in, but now its to late to leave the floor had stains the chars had stains what a mess

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
dbhakta1, General Manager at Express Inn & Suites Junction City, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Dear Sir or Madam:
I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We take pride in our cleanliness of our guest rooms and I can assure you that your experience was a rare one. Since new management in early 2010, we've strived to maintain cleanliness a top priority. We receive daily compliments on cleanliness and I am glad you brought this to my attention regarding the carpet & upholstery in your room. The matter has been looked into and an action plan to ensure this doesn't get overlooked has been implemented. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, please give me a call and we'll be glad to reimburse you for your night's stay. Daniel B. - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

Howard Johnson is the cheapest available along this part of I-70 for a reason.

The hotel is right next to the interstate, and there is a bed to sleep in. The TV worked and we were able to shower. Most guests have to be I-70 travelers, getting in late and leaving early. There is no reason to linger.

Don't pick this Howard Johnson because of the free breakfast. It was so bad, even the coffee, that I had to stop and buy myself breakfast at the gas station across the street. They could charge their regular rate and stop serving breakfast, and this would still be an OK place to crash when you can't drive anymore.

Next time we'll try to make it to Salina or Topeka and skip Junction City.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Junction City hotels

Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2008

Fair warning to sleepy travelers. My husband and I stopped to stay at this hotel on our way to Colorado. The outside appeared to be kept up but unfortunately we were disappointed. The price was cheap enough for just a few hours of sleep. First off the room smelled HORRIBLE! I hated to complain but my husband went to the desk and asked for a new room. The clerk was very nice and appoligized and gave us a new room. It still had the same smell but was much better. The floors were very dirty, only obvious they had not been swept. After having had a very long drive, the facilities were needed and to my suprise, no toliet paper or even facial tissues! My husband went back to the desk, she once again appoligized and I had to wait until she went to the supply room to get toliet paper. The bedside table was completely dirty, some greasy spots all over the table. The shower had almost no water pressure. Took forever to take a shower. The indoor pool and hot tub were suprisingly nice and appeared to be clean. When we left, we noticed that the sign said Comfort Inn, but they had put a paper banner over the sign that now read Howard Johnson. I know there aren't many exits with hotels in Kansas but trust me, move on the the next hotel. What a dump!

• Liked — The clerk and the inside pool were nice
  • Disliked — Smelled bad and very dirty
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
butraveler, Sales Manager at Express Inn & Suites Junction City, responded to this review, 10 December 2008
Thank you maam for bring this to our attention and im aware that this hotel has some issues and we have actually just changed ownership about couple of months and they have already started the process of renovating the hotel and you might have seen the big container and trash outside. All I can say is if you would please email me back we as the hotel would like you to try our establishment once more after we have completely renovated the hotel and give us once more an oppurtunity and my email address is Bhaktaamit@hotmail.com once again we would like to thank you for bringing these matters to our attention

Amit Bhakta
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

We ended up here as there was not much available for a 10pm arrival (note to self, call ahead along your route!). We got the last room, a "suite" above the lobby/office, with stairs leading up to it. It was pretty big but rather dated. I dislike having the sink area open to the room so it's hard to use when others are sleeping. Poor/harsh vanity lighting. Plenty of hot water though. The room was non-smoking. The staff all seemed to smoke in front of the lobby but it wasn't too smelly. We got up too late for breakfast but we used the breakfast area and toaster which was convenient. The indoor pool was warm and clean. All in all, not a bad stay.

• Liked — Convenient to freeway
  • Disliked — Lighting
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

This is a FILTHY hotel. Hair on the carpet, hair in the sink, dirty shower with more hair, mold/mildew and dirt on the shower curtain, lights over the bed did not work, freezer was a frozen block of ice with things frozen in it, no towels had to ask the front desk and they handed me a bunch of towels not folded, asked for tissues and they were never delivered. FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY!!! I would not reccommend this place to anyone! I can't believe this has the name of Comfort Inn!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — My filthy room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

We had a horrible experience at this hotel. First, we were put in a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking, so we had to change. Then, they never had any dry towels for three days;they were always wet in the dryer; the light and television were on the same switch in our room so you couldn't watch in the dark, staff was rude when I complained, the security lock at the back door was not on when we returned late at night. I requested a refund based on their promise from this hotel chain to refund your money if you are not happy with your stay. Corporate took my information, but it was just sent back to this hotel and they gave me the run around. No refund. I would recommend this hotel to no one! We are staying elsewhere or in Manhattan this time.

Stayed February 2008
Sutton, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2005

I reserved my room online - two queen-sized beds in a non-smoking room for myself and my three young children. When we checked in, the room only had one queen bed in it and a large space where the other bed had probably been at one time. I spoke to the front desk clerk about the mix-up and he immediately became very defensive, saying I had reserved it wrong. I had printed out the confirmation sheet fortunately, where it clearly - in black and white - stated what I had reserved. I told him I would be happy if he would just put a cot in the room, which he said he could only do the first night, but not the second. We checked out the next day.

3 Thank nfordSutton_Nebraska