“This is not Authentic Korean Food, the owner Rude and Abrasive”
Review of Pusan Diner

Pusan Diner
Ranked #12 of 65 Restaurants in Junction City
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed July 16, 2017

Me and my wife went to this place bc of recommendation from my coworkers and the reviews , I was highly disappointed with the Service and taste of the food of this establishment, Upon entering the restaurant, no one greeted us or acknowledge our presents , I was looking for a waitress, but no waitress around, i was not sure if I needed to be seated or someone would seat me, the lady in the front desk gave a mean cold look as we were walking into this Korean restaurant with a attitude, I ask her for the waitress to take our order and she replied, in a Rude, Abrasive tone, no waitress is here, Im the only one in the front. At this point, I did not know who to place my order with, bc she didn't say a word, the lady in the front was seemed angry and seemed annoyed to take my our order, Anyways I ordered bulgogi and rice, When I got my plate the bulgogi the looked rubbery, cut thick, it had a dry appearance, the bulgogi was hard to chew ,rubbery and taste like old meat. When I received my rice , it looked like 2 day old rice that was cooked in the pan, browned then served to her customers and stuck together like a hash brown, the Rice tastes stale ,dry, and overcooked. My wife is a huge Korean food fanatic and she didnt even touch her plate. I will add I am Half Korean, and my mom makes Authentic Korean Food, Traditionally she makes steam white rice with thin cut bulgogi which has a great flavor and taste. I am not sure if this lady knows how to prepare bulgogi or make a traditional Korean Dish. but overall bad service and taste of the food was just plain disgusting. I later discovered this lady was the owner of this Restraunt,, now you would think ,if your food tastes awful , at least try to be nice to your customers to come back. Im not sure what the overall hype is about this place, but this does not taste like Authentic Korean food to me.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Went in here blind, and ended up with good food, pleasant people and left-overs for the road. Good old-fashioned small town atmosphere.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

I love Mrs Kim I have been going here since I was a little girl and now we have kids and she is always so friendly even on her busy days and as always the food here gets better and better even tho she gets a little higher on her meals best time to go is during lunch special hour.

Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

Lunch special has bul go gi and rice, eggrolls, chicken wings and a kim chee. For under $10, there isn't a better spot for lunch. All food is served in take away containers, dine-in or takeout. 2 ladies who run the place are very stereo-typically Korean, very short-spoken, kind, stern and accommodating (just don't ask for anything other than a refill or your order) soda is in a bottle and out of a fridge, the ice is straight out of a residence refrigerator and can taste a little funny. Prices go WAY up after lunch hour, but is still worth the price, if not just a wee bit expensive. Do NOT order off the menu during lunch rush!! They will not like you!! Not open Mondays. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

The lunch special is the best deal, it gives a good sample of the chicken wings and Bulgogi (picture with this review). Their Bulgogi is not as tender or nicely charred as Korean Gardens though. However, their chicken wings are the highlight of the menu. Crispy, sweet soy sauce flavored....the owner says the sauce recipe is a secret. Their Yaki mandu (Korean version of an egg roll) is very tasty. Prices are reasonable. Restaurant needs some updating in the decor. They are always busy for lunch. They close early, 7:30pm. I've never had problems ordering on the phone, take-out is ready pretty fast. They are closed on Sunday's and Monday's, like most Korean restaurants in this area.