“Had A Great Time”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Kansas City
Salida, Colorado
“Had A Great Time”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We almost cancelled our reservation after reading all the bad reviews, but I am so glad that we didn't. We had a blast our kids begged us to stay longer. We had a Kids Kamp room. I heard no complaints about their beds at all. The queen bed did sag and was not very comfortable, but I didn't lose any sleep. I thought the staff all around the resort was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly. We bought a paw pass which i thought was a great deal and my kids (ages 5 and 12) loved that they could try everything. The Magi-Quest was awesome and kept us entertained for 3 days. We tried out everything even the Scoops spa, which is the only thing I didn't really care for. I thought it was an ok place, very small and expensive. Overall it was a wonderful vacation for us. It was expensive but we brought our own lunch and breakfast foods to save money.

We were there for Spring Break and there were alot of people. Check in was a little long (30min) but I sent my husband with the kids to explore. I was served fudge! During peak hours it was a little hard to find tubes for the water park but we always were able to get one when we wanted one. We found around 5:00 the water park slowed down and there was no wait on the slides.

1 Thank FunFam4all

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We took a last minute trip to Great Wolf Lodge with our son and my mother. The room was clean with plenty of room. The waterpark was great! My son is 21 months old and there was plenty for him to do. My mother, who is 65, enjoyed the hot tub and lazy river. My husband even took a couple trips down the slides. There were always plenty of towels and good lifeguard coverage. It was a nice getaway.

1 Thank ginamarina
Topeka, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Where to begin... Room was dingy, furniture dilapidated, and walls had mildew. Coverlet was stained, shower curtain had mold on it, and there was a dried brown substance smeared all over the wallpaper in the bathroom. Carpet was filthy and I found the previous guests dirty socks in the sheets. Water Park was fun but no staff was monitoring return of the Triple Twist green rafts required for the slide, and the guests who had them were holding on to them for hours not allowing other guests the opportunity to experience the slide. Plenty of tables and chairs but all of them littered with empty bottles, food and trash, and the chairs were occupied with towels and personal belongings being "held" for later by guests who were nowhere in sight. Lifeguards were attentive, which is good, but rude and not at all personable or friendly. To make matters worse, we discovered bed bug bites the day after we returned home. Called the hotel and gave them all of my information including the name of the doctor who confirmed the bites were bedbugs. Was promised a call back from management. No one called. They did not so much as offer a coupon for a future visit and would not accept responsibility stating to me on the phone at first that the doctor could be mistaken and second that I could have got them anywhere. I can not believe the lack of professionalism and customer service. This is not a resort but a cheap hotel that happens to have a water park. Their motto seems to be "Oh, well, we don't care if your unhappy or if you won't come back, there are plenty of other suckers out there".

7 Thank TopekaKTraveler
GWL_Management, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Kansas City, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. We appreciate all feedback and this has been shared with my team.

In regards to bed bugs, we have a strong prevention program. On the rare occasion that we do get a report, we take immediate action bringing in professionals from our pest control service to investigate. I would be more than happy to provide you with a copy of the report from your room or to discuss it with you further. Please call us directly at 913-299-7001.

Best Wishes,
Matt Lawrence
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 March 2012

If you want to have a great family time, The Great Wolf lodge is the best deal for your money. My family of six enjoyed stating at the lodge and enjoyed the freedom to use the facility even before we checked into our room. The room was spacious and very clean. It had a wet bar with mini fridge and a balcony too. The room comes with 4 pass but you can easily purchase any extras. My kids loved it so much they cant wait to go back in the summer.

Room Tip: After you do an internet search you can still call them for any extra info. Very professional and he...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The rooms are worn but what do you expect when herds of children happily wander the halls! My kids loved the waterpark and magi quest games. It was expensive but I liked the time spent with them and how much fun they had.

• Stayed March 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Staff was excellent all around. I must say this first. Secondly, i must add that i am not a big fan of disney and co like resorts.

The rooms were disappointing. We had the kid camp room and it was definitely one where you wanted to keep your socks on at all times. The queen bed was uncomfortable and sagged, the kids's beds were rock hard, the sleeper couch .... Let's not even go there. There was door slamming until about 1 am when we finally got the front desk to do something about it.

The waterpark was ok. The kids had fun, especially our three younger ones. All in all, it was way too expensive for what it was.

1 Thank Jane B
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We visited Great Wolf Lodge over Spring Break so the kids could have some fun. The pool/water park area was great. The tables where people ate needed serious attention. They were dirty and food was left everywhere. The service at the snack bar was extremely slow!! Had to ask about out food 3 times!! Over 20 mins for a personal pan pizza and PBJ meal seems excessive One register open with that many people during spring break? Need to address those staffing issues. We paid over $600 for the Royal bear suite. I understand it is sprIng break but to spend that much $$ seems unreasonable especially when the rooms are in such poor condition. The bathroom had mold and mildew. Have you ever heard of tilex? It does a great job of killing those things. The bear paws was a good deal and the kids had a great time. The woman working the area with the build an animal was wonderful!! Wont be back until rooms are updated and clean!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tdhwalker
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We value all feedback and use it to make our lodge a greater experience for our guests. I’ve shared your review with our Director of Food and Beverage as well as my Director of Housekeeping.

I hope that you and your family will join us again in the future.

Kind Regards,