“Should be Wow-Chicken-Wow”
Review of Go-Chicken Go

Go-Chicken Go
Ranked #49 of 299 Restaurants in Kansas City
Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Today was about the 10th time I have been here in the past 4 months. Imagine if I did not live 40 minutes away. I have always loved chicken strips but Go-Chicken-Go has spoiled me. They are large, moist, tender with just the right amount of breading. It is not a fancy place, only seats 12 people but it is definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

The best chicken gizzards EVER! I've eaten there for 35 years, great food at a great price. The gizzards with G sauce and mashed potatos. It doesn't get any better than that.

Reviewed March 27, 2016

My late husband used to drive from the burbs to get his GO CHICKEN GO. The recent FRIED CHICKEN COMPETITION in KC had been in the news and I hadn't had Go Chicken Go in ages... I was feeling uninformed and unable to decree a winner between the two finalists, Go Chicken Go and Stroud's (which I have had recently), so I ran through the drive-thru to refresh my memory. First, let me say that after this visit Go Chicken Go WAS declared the winner of the title of BEST FRIED CHICKEN in KC - that's why the title of my review reads as such. That said - is it? Okay Stroud's is juicier - I mean c'mon they fry it in a pan instead of a fryer - BUT the QUALITY and FRESHNESS of Go Chicken Go is JUST AS GOOD AS STROUDS - AND - since Go Chicken Go has a DRIVE THRU and is CONSIDERABLY less expensive than STROUDS I agree with the KC STAR's outcome. Also, livers, gizzards, AMAZING Cole Slaw... I hear the cheesecake is good too but haven't tried it. I will be back more often now.

Reviewed March 7, 2016

This was pretty good chicken at a good price. I haven't eaten at Stroud's so can't compare those two, but is was good. I am a huge fan of Gus' Fried Chicken it is number one in my books, with number two being Chicken Annie's in Pittsburg, Kansas. Go Chicken Go falls somewhere after that. This restaurant was clean well staffed and service was super fast. We had a 9 piece chicken dinner with 6 rolls a pint of cole slaw and an order of g-sauce, cost was around $17.00 I didn't care for the g-sauce on my first taste, but I am glad I gave it another try, it was good and did add a different twist to the chicken. Fast food chicken that is much better than kfc. Give it a try.

Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

I've never had a bad experience with this place. I always go for the mixed gizzards and livers with an extra G sauce. Fast and fresh! I've found the service to be very friendly.