“I love La Carreta, but not the Lansing location. ”

La Carreta Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Lansing
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: West side of Main St in Lansing next to the Lansing Pharmacy
Description: West side of Main St in Lansing next to the Lansing Pharmacy
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

I love, love, love LaCarreta in Gardner, but not Lansing. I've tried it two times... both times the chips were stale, the servers weren't as friendly - more rushed and the food was just "eh" compared to Gardner. Today, the beef on the nachos and in the fajitas tasted like liver... seems like cheap beef. I will go to La Mesa in Lansing instead.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

I chose this restaurant based on Tripadvisor. It was a great choice. I had the two seafood enchilada special and it was fantastic. Others have commented about the chips and salsa. They were definitely above average.

Service was friendly and prompt. My water glass never had a chance to get empty.

My seafood enchilada dinner was tasty and filling. It was a big meal - all for under $10 with tax.

This place is definitely well above average - a good choice.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Every time we are in town visiting family we eat at this restaurant. The white queso dip is a go to appetizer. Always delicious. Each meal comes with complimentary chips and salsa. The specials are excellent. The chicken wrap is highly recommended. Great authentic Mexican for stay or go.

Reviewed November 29, 2016

One of the main reasons we keep returning to La Carreta is because of the Chips and Salsa. The Salsa is the best we've found outside the Blue Goose in Dallas. If you are lucky, you'll get Ruben for a waiter; he makes sure you get all you ordered, quickly and piping hot from the kitchen. He also makes sure you glass is never empty. The New Enchiladas is my favorite dish but their soup runs a close second.

Reviewed November 13, 2016

Good food, good service, generous quantities. Lunch specials. What's not to like?
Oh, and they serve Diet Dr. Pepper.

Been to La Carreta Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!