See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2015

This motel had the only available rooms during graduation weekend. Usually Motel 6 is clean but no frills. This one was not clean. The carpet was soiled, bedspread stained, bathtub looked dirty (we opted not to shower), very loud due to thin walls, was nonsmoking but still smelled smokey. I observed the manager cleaning the lobby by dumping paper cups of water on the floor then pushing a mop over it. Apparently all "cleaning" was done with this degree of thoroughness.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda C
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Lawrence KS, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Linda,
Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 22, 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here.The staff is friendly & my room was very clean & quiet & they have wifi.I will stay here again the next time I'm in this area as it is also just off the interstate 70 exit 204.Not much for amenities but there is a Burger King in walking distance & Dominos Pizza delivery.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2014

I too had some reservations about staying at the Motel 6 based on some of the previous reviews, but we had a very pleasant stay. Our room was large and clean, and we slept well. The hotel is half renovated, we still had carpet in our room, but had some of the other new amenities, like the flat screen TV and cubby towel holder. If you are looking for basic, affordable lodging, this Motel 6 is just fine.

Room Tip: We travelled with dogs, and got a great ground floor room near the exit.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special. Large room. The microwave and fridge were a major plus. Clean but an overall sense of dinginess. Shower meant for short people, though. Just a place to sleep and move on. The lobby did serve fresh hot coffee for breakfast. Hotel was quiet.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a group for an animal show at the fairgrounds. I was very leary of staying here, due to the other bad reviews and my own bad experience at a Motel 6 many years ago. Much to my surprise, this hotel was just fine. It appears that it is under new management and there is newer carpet and paint in the rooms. Fairly clean. If you have not stayed at a motel 6 before, you do need to know that they do not supply hair dryers, continental breakfast, coffee makers in the rooms, etc. That is why the price is so low. I am fairly fussy about hotels, and this was definitely not the worst hotel I have stayed at, in fact, it was just fine. My only big complaint was that my room did not get cleaned on Saturday (and no, I did not leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door).

Room Tip: Get ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends