See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

The motel was not that bad. Room was not too bad. The only complaint that I have is they double the price on a football weekend. This place is definitely not worth a hundred dollars a night. I will not be staying here again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Motel was very clean, rooms were bigger than most. Pillows preview mattress very comfortable. This too. Included a small refrigerator. Staff was very accommodating as our guest room the fridge wasn't working, so they quickly put us in another room, first they checked the fridge it worked.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

We had a few problems as we were getting checked in. The guy "Michael" at the front desk was awesome. He was very friendly and had a smile the whole time. Hope this guy moves up quit he said he has only been there a few days so, he will be a great manager some day.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2017

This property, like a lot of other Motel 6 properties, has recently undergone remodeling and renovation, so it's quite clean. And it feels safe, which is a plus. Close as it is to the Interstate, my companion and I did not notice any noise from the outside.

However ... certain staff members are indifferent to guests, and that's a problem. The young woman who checked us in was quite nice and businesslike, but her overnight replacement was neither nice nor businesslike. Unfortunately, another guest's cat meowed constantly and we were finding it very difficult to sleep. When we realized that we were probably not going to get any peace, one of us approached the man at the front desk, to see if anything could be done. His response, "Whut cat?" Clearly, since he had not heard the cat, he did not consider it to be a problem, and offered us no relief.

And that poor cat meowed All. Night. Long.

I realize that traveling with a pet has its own challenges; I, myself, travel with my dog. And I try as hard as I possibly can to make sure that he does not behave in such a way as to negatively impact others. Perhaps the cat's owner was not neglectful; perhaps the cat was having some sort of problems. HOWEVER, their problems do not need to become my problems!

Next morning, we informed the front desk, and were quite cheerfully provided with a bunch of nice explanations as to what could have happened to distress that cat. Had I not been so groggy from lack of sleep, I might've been able to laugh along with the desk clerk.

Should I again find myself needing to stay overnight in Lawrence, I will find other accommodations. Not because I fear there'll be another unhappy kitty! But because I prefer to stay in places where I'm valued as a customer. While the old saying is true -- "You get what you pay for." -- I don't think it's too much to ask to expect a decent night's sleep in a hotel, regardless of price. Sleep in a hotel is not an extra frill. It should be a given.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoadVet
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This motel has a bad rap in town but i tried it. Alicia understood i was gravelly I'll and checked on me. She knows i cannot carry buckets of ice and i need water. So when she works at night, i am protected by a feminist. Otherwise at night they can tell you to go dry your clothes where you are now headed: Puerto Rico!? CC manager, can you imagine after staying here for so long and praising this place hearing something so awful after you left? Please fix the dryer so that i don't have to ask people who are new to me at night shift if they understand a disabled​ person's request. CC you work hard during the day-++ ask for a raise and bring Alicia back at night. Try this place-- ask for CC and Alicia.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo