See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2013

A very nice place. Went fishing, caught a lot of fish. All catch and release. The rooms are all unique and different. We stayed in the celestial room - had glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Very cool. Many rooms have big jacuzzi tubs.

It got a bit warm in the room at night - wasn't the easiest to sleep, but the room was great overall.

Fabulous breakfast in the am.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I just got married and we weren't able to take our honeymoon until a few months after our wedding. We wanted to getaway for a few days somewhere not too far from home. Lawrence holds a specil place in our hearts and we decided to stay at the Circle S Ranch. The Circle S ranch is such a peaceful and romantic place to stay. We enjoyed the quiet time away from everything. We especially loved sitting on the porch together in the rocking chairs. Our room was wonderful with a large bathroom and a wonderful view of the bison outside our bedroom window. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed our delicious country style breakfast each morning. We went fishing, soaked in the hot tub, and walked around the beautiful grounds at the ranch. We had such a fun time together and can't wait to go back for the many anniversaries we have yet to come.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank KTlynn3
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is truly a great place, the food is outstanding!! We had a very relaxing stay. One of our nights there, they had a Tomato Festival going on, and the band, food and atmosphere was awesome!!! They have a hot tub that's set by itself, it was very relaxing and was very unique they way it is set. Highly recommend this place for getaway or a wedding.

Room Tip: They Post Rock room is great its on the bottom level so easy to get in and out no stairs! And its very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we entered the ranch we were shown our room handed our key and that was it. It was a fend for your self to find the hot tub or where you needed to go for the horse back riding and such.
After scoping out our room "cowboy room" decorations were awesome but I was disappointed to see that we didn't have a fireplace or a tub in our room. We also had a queen size bed where all of the other rooms had king-size. One of the windows was also broken. Where there are usually two panes of glass one window the pane was completely broken out and you just saw jagged edges. There were other rooms open but I assumed they were booked for Saturday night.
Saturday- Breakfast was buffet style and very nicely done eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, fruit, juice coffee you name. We had to ask someone where to go for the horseback riding which was running late. The trail for horseback riding was awesome Our guide was very nice, easy to talk to and we got to see all around the land as well as up close to the Longhorns. We opted for the picnic lunch Saturday afternoon and was given the option to eat inside or have a picnic basket we did the picnic basket and the food was great very filling and tasty. Dinner Saturday night was very well done as well. We were served a salad first then the main entree and they had dessert that night as well. After talking to some of the other guest we found out that my husband and my massages are not going to be at the same time. After dinner I spoke with one of the ladies that works there and she confirmed yes they are not at the same time. Why would they not tell me this when I book them? Or when we checked in!
Sunday morning again breakfast was very well done buffet style same options as Saturday. Massages were very nice and a hour-long. Very comfortable. Only complaint is while one of us was getting a massage the other was hanging out by themselves in the room.
No TV in the rooms which was fine however our room also did not have a clock or a radio. Thank goodness we brought music with us. Floor seemed to be dirty you could see stains by the sinks and in the toilet room. I did not feel comfortable taking my shoes off. While walking the grounds we noticed some swinging benches were broken as my husband pointed out they could easily fix those and spruce it up a little. All and all for this being our first B & B we weren't given a warm and fuzzy feeling and don't feel that we will be doing it again. ;(

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Trynnewthings
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We checked in I told the attendant that this was our first visit to a BB and this would set the standard for us. She didn’t seem too friendly no smile, no brief summary of the services offered not even telling us that there was an inn book placed in the room to explain the layout of the ranch and other services offered; just pretty much follow me to your room and here is the key. The first room we were in had a hole in the door (where the knot fell out but no body replaced) with scotch tape over it; the tape wasn’t even sticking anymore. Along with that there was a 1” – 1 ½” gap at the bottom of the door. I went to the office the lady that checked us in was on the phone I knocked she didn’t even turn around to acknowledge me. I waited & knocked again finally another lady came acknowledged that I needed help. I told her my issue she offered more tape or a picture to hang over the hole. Not going to work, I asked for a different room. Not knowing when I asked I would get down graded to a smaller room, little lighting and a ceiling that leaked. Yes I said leaked whenever the person up stairs took a shower. Needless to say the first morning I was awakening at 6:32 am; it leaked so much we had to use the trash can to catch the water. Went down stairs there was no one around, so we are up because who can sleep with water dripping on plastic. We did tell someone at breakfast she said oh we must have forgotten to tell them to shut the shower door all the way; she was going to address that issue. Next morning we were awaken at 4:24 am water leaking again from the ceiling. I’m pissed both mornings I get awaken by the ceiling leaking. The thing that gets me the most is that they new this and didn’t tell me that when the showed me the room. I didn’t not get to sleep in my entire stay; breakfast wasn’t until 9 am so I starred at the walls until then (no tv in the rooms which was fine). I asked them to empty the water out of trash can; I left it outside the door just in case I was not around for them to get in the room. No one ever emptied the can from the first leak but remembered it at check out time. As we were checking out one of the lady’s said this is the one I told you I wonder what her review would say. So she knew they could have done better to accommodate us. With the unwelcome wake up calls from the water they didn’t even try to make things right, had they done that I would have put that in the review also. On another note the staff was excellent to accommodate at mealtimes. Jason, Mary and I don’t know the younger lady’s name but they made the stay a little bearable. It was a quit place that my husband and I got to spend one on one time with one another. I loved that part of it. The views were awesome to take in and some of the other guess had issues with rooms but we made the best of it. I enjoyed the other guess that stayed at the inn even though it was out of my comfort zone. I don’t think I will be trying another BB anytime soon, my husband says never if it is like this one.

Room Tip: Look over the entire room and ask if it leaks before agreeing to take it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple