See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Given the scatter in other reviews it must depend what the hosts impression of you is to define treatment. We must not have pleased. Very structured, methodical behavior, inflexible. Not our thing, we'll go elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dwight G
Reviewed April 24, 2016

Great rooms and elegantly -appointed bed and breakfast. Food was fantastic! Porch with rocker, lovely sitting room for light refreshments after a day of touring. There is a elevator for people who cannot use stairs. Excercise equipment in attic, and a hot tub off a semi private bath. Pretty wonderful all around. My wife likes the meditation garden and the town is within a 10 minute walk. Bethany College is right out front door.
If you are a busy business person,it may not fit all your internet but we were easily able to check emails and pull up maps of the area. For relaxing time, it is a wonderful. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and we stayed in the winter room, vey nice
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DKoons
Reviewed March 20, 2016

The owners made us feel like we were bothering them by even staying there. Sue and Mike were so rude, hateful and insulting. Breakfast was a nightmare- Mike gave us a lecture about the food while we were eating and called us disgusting for using the same fork for the courses. We were them yelled at for, "Ruining the breakfast." The rooms were not clean. The coffee was terrible. I would never stay there again. The entire time we were there was a nightmare!

Stayed: October 2015
3  Thank 393cdd
Reviewed June 30, 2015

We had long ago reserved the full house for our college buddy reunion. We weren't kids... we are in our sixties and seventies.
I was blown over by their complete lack of hospitality. They treated us like they really didn't want us to be there, but they were barely tolerating us.
Sadly, the building was beautiful and nicely restored, the food was awesome... but because of their insulting remarks, condescension, lack of coffee until 8:00. We all wake up around 6:00, and no coffee until PRECISELY 8:00, I have to downgrade their ratings. Most of us either had to go out early to fetch our own coffee, or made instant coffee in our own rooms.
If they don't enjoy their Bed and Breakfast, maybe they should get out of it.
It was nice though [and not nice] to see that we were not the only ones who were treated this poorly.
It gave me the creeps.

Room Tip: bring your own laptop. Theirs is ancient. Plus I had NO phone service in this vortex.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Cynthia S
Reviewed February 4, 2015

Rather than being asked when I wasted to eat, was told my breakfast would be at 8:30a (even though I wake up at 5a). I asked if there was a way to get coffee earlier and was rebuffed.
Just trying to get to my room (after an exhausting day of travel) was a nightmare. As a single woman traveling alone I did not want to ride in a tiny elevator with a man I didn't know, but after asking twice if I could please take the stairs, he insisted. We stopped off in a tiny library where he said I would have to eat breakfast since they were serving people from the local college in the dining room the next morning. Then while I was still holding my suitcase, he spent a few minutes tidying the room up. When he finally showed me my room, he followed me in and after so much information i clearly wasn't interested in (about the building next door and how every lamp worked and information about the bed…), it felt like he was never going to leave. Rather than hurrying it along for a traveler who obviously wanted nothing more than to go to bed, he threw the papers said "well good for you. you're a TERRIBLE listener!" and slammed the door. I grabbed my suitcase and checked into a Hampton Inn in Salina.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business