“This place is a joke-it certainly isn't a 'quality' hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Merriam

Quality Inn Merriam
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
“This place is a joke-it certainly isn't a 'quality' hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

The first two rooms, on first floor, I tried to stay in had some insects. The guy at the counter could barely understand English too. The third room I checked out was actually clean but the air conditioner front cover was laying on the floor and was NOISY but I was so tired by that point and eventually fell asleep. That was a room on the top floor. The whole place should be rebuilt.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank 92accord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Staff was polite and quick but the hotel is very run down dingy and somewhat odd. I cant say the room was awful.. it was clean, everything worked and the bed was comfortable however the hotel its self is in need of a major remodel..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EER32114

Travellers are raving about these Merriam hotels

Garden City, Ks.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Merriam, Ks. on June 4, 2011. I checked in around 9pm and my check in process was quick and my room was as I had requested via the All Choice Hotels website. It was a busy NASCAR weekend in Kansas City so that may have been a factor in my experience. There were a lot of people checking in when I was, but the narrow hallways on the 3rd floor (non smoking) were congested with people passing in the halls. The 3rd floor hallways reeked of cigarette smoke even though this was a non smoking floor, however thankfully my room was clean and fresh smelling. I have stayed in other Quality Inns in the past and found the room to be similar to the others. The breakfast is adequate if you are in a hurry, but not enticing. Coffee was very good! I felt safe there as a single woman traveling alone once I got in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor on the back side of hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ksdoglady
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Check in took forever--even with reservations. The breakfast was poorly stocked and poor quality compared to other Quality Inns. Very NOISY--right next to the freeway. Not clean--we will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

I have never been so offended by customer service in my life as i was by this crowd and i thank god for the huge hairy spider that finally convinced my employer that this place was more like a punishment than a hotel and dont get me started on that worthless excuse for a breakfast. you would have to be out of your mind to say any good about this place. save your money and sleep in the car but i wouldnt wish this hotel on my enemies

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hollowhead357
Frankfurt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed 2 nights and it were 2 nights to much. The room was equipped ok: TV, phone, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, hairdryer. But my guess is last time it was remodeled was 10 years ago. The "great continental breakfast" was disappointing. Regular coffee was out both days, one day no juices. The little breakfast room had the charm of a factory. The staff was slow. It took about 10 minutes to check in and 7 minutes to bring some more coffee after I complained. The room service was still not in our room when we arrived the 2nd day at 6:30 pm, so I had to go and ask for fresh towels. I wouldn't stay there again - there was no quality in this Quality Inn!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PSinger99
Colorado Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

We had reserved the room for 3 nights, but found out about 25 days in advance that we only needed to stay 2 nights. We called and they said "We need 30 days notice to cancel." WHAT??? We tried to work things out, and they said they would talk to the manager and would call back. They never called back. At the desk upon check-in, they still said we had to pay for all 3 nights, so that got us off on the wrong foot.
The entire time we stayed at the hotel, we had to constantly stop by the front desk to get our card keys reprogrammed, because we constantly were locked out of the hotel and our room.
They put us in a room right by the outside elevator (that's right... outside, not inside the building) so at night people would be slamming the door and talking loudly right outside our window as they entered our floor from the outside. Add to that the constant traffic noise on I-35 just outside and you can imagine how frustrating it was. We had to have the fan on all night to quiet the noise down, although that didn't help a whole lot.
Looks nice on the outside, but hotel staff were not helpful or friendly, and the interior is old and outdated.
Wished my family had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank COCoLikeFire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merriam
0.5 km away
Drury Inn Kansas City Shawnee Mission
1.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Merriam
0.5 km away
Super 8 Merriam Shawnee
1.9 km away
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at Shawnee Mission
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-35 at...
#31 of 37 in Overland Park
4.8 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
4.2 km away
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Mission

Been to Quality Inn Merriam? Share your experiences!