“DON'T STAY HERE! We have stayed at several Quality Inns and this was the worst hotel ever!”

Quality Inn Merriam
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Merriam
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Check in took forever--even with reservations. The breakfast was poorly stocked and poor quality compared to other Quality Inns. Very NOISY--right next to the freeway. Not clean--we will never stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 August 2010

I have never been so offended by customer service in my life as i was by this crowd and i thank god for the huge hairy spider that finally convinced my employer that this place was more like a punishment than a hotel and dont get me started on that worthless excuse for a breakfast. you would have to be out of your mind to say any good about this place. save your money and sleep in the car but i wouldnt wish this hotel on my enemies

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hollowhead357
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed 2 nights and it were 2 nights to much. The room was equipped ok: TV, phone, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, hairdryer. But my guess is last time it was remodeled was 10 years ago. The "great continental breakfast" was disappointing. Regular coffee was out both days, one day no juices. The little breakfast room had the charm of a factory. The staff was slow. It took about 10 minutes to check in and 7 minutes to bring some more coffee after I complained. The room service was still not in our room when we arrived the 2nd day at 6:30 pm, so I had to go and ask for fresh towels. I wouldn't stay there again - there was no quality in this Quality Inn!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PSinger99
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We had reserved the room for 3 nights, but found out about 25 days in advance that we only needed to stay 2 nights. We called and they said "We need 30 days notice to cancel." WHAT??? We tried to work things out, and they said they would talk to the manager and would call back. They never called back. At the desk upon check-in, they still said we had to pay for all 3 nights, so that got us off on the wrong foot.
The entire time we stayed at the hotel, we had to constantly stop by the front desk to get our card keys reprogrammed, because we constantly were locked out of the hotel and our room.
They put us in a room right by the outside elevator (that's right... outside, not inside the building) so at night people would be slamming the door and talking loudly right outside our window as they entered our floor from the outside. Add to that the constant traffic noise on I-35 just outside and you can imagine how frustrating it was. We had to have the fan on all night to quiet the noise down, although that didn't help a whole lot.
Looks nice on the outside, but hotel staff were not helpful or friendly, and the interior is old and outdated.
Wished my family had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank COCoLikeFire
Reviewed 19 February 2008

After doing much research and reading so many negative reviews on this hotel, I decided to take the chance and book here because of location and price. My wife and I enjoyed our stay here, it was located right off of I-35 and provided quick access to KC area and trips into Kansas. Hotel was clean, room was clean and staff was very friendly. The morning we were leaving, the front desk let us check-in and print boarding passes for our flight on SWA. Also, on the day we checked into the room, I asked the front desk if a lot of noise could be heard from the highway if our room was in the front. The front desk clerk was very honest and said that the back of the hotel had a lot less noise and had no problem putting me in one of those. The outside area was a little dirty in the back of the hotel but some of that is because of all of the rain and salt put down because of snow and ice. The breakfast wasn't the best I've had but it was ok. Standard foods but the pastries were not too fresh, cream cheese too cold, hard-boiled eggs over-done and toaster had some problems. The food is a very small issue though, what do you expect. They did have juice, cereal and waffles. Would stay here again. Knocked it to 4-star because of the breakfast issues.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank jedivader
Reviewed 12 August 2007

When checking into our room we noticed that the beds and the carpet was clean. Unfortunately, that was all that was clean.
The toilet was leaking water, the bathtub drain did not open unless you removed the plug and the floor to the tub was as black as night with mold and mildew throughout the bathroom.
The ants were not only in the room but had taken over the room.
The Ice machine did not contain any ice and we had to go from the third floor to the lobby area for the ice machine. The room that contained the ice machine had a filthy floor with mold and mildew.
The exterior door to the third floor from the steps contained a lock to be used with the key card. The lock was broken and did not work. On the stair case next to the pool it was the opposite. It would allow a person to exit, but the guest key entry card would not work at all. My family helped numerous other hotel guests enter through the door.
My wife noticed that someone prior to our arrival had conveniently wiped their snot or flem on the wall next to her bed.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Odd_G-family
Reviewed 21 July 2007

We stayed here for three nights, two rooms. The first room for our kids, was smothered in ants!!! Thousands of the little the freaks!! We complained, and got switched into a different room. That is a huge hassle for four teenagers! So we did that. Then there was a dead bird in the pool, told management, it stayed in there until the next morning! Next day, our room, was smothered in the dang ants. We lost alot of food because we were planning on eating in our room to save money. They switched our room. To make a long story short, no matter what or how many times we changed rooms, we still had alot of nasty ants. They did take a whole $10 off our entire stay of $400! Gee thanks!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SEKANSASLady