“Well appointed - Great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Olathe
“Well appointed - Great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Room was tastefully decorated and designed. I have already spent 5 weeks in hotels THIS year. Dollar for dollar this hotel was the best value. The staff was freindly, efficient and accomodating. You feel the staff sincerely cares. When I come back to this area, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BW-Gen-Mgr, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review and for noticing the updates that we've made with our decor and furnishings. We hope that the next time you're traveling, that you will decide to stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Spring break vacation with the grandkids. Room was nice and clean as was the entire hotel that we saw. They have a hot breakfast in the morning as well as cereals, rolls, etc. They seemed to have occasional trouble keeping the hot breakfast filled, but it was good. The only issue I had was that the man who was at the desk in the evening could be rather cold. Being hard-of-hearing, I asked him to repeat something once and once only. At this he almost yelled at me and I was really embarrased as there were others in the lobby. Otherwise, everyone we encountered was very nice. We would probably stay there again and if we have the same night clerk, I will just smile and nod. (I hope he doesn't ask me to buy him a new car)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Well thank you so much for a great response. I am very happy you had a great stay.

I do, however, apologize for the "cold" treatment from the person that checked you in. I will make sure he at least reads this and does not repeat the mistake.

I do hope you consider staying with us again!
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Haven't even arrived for my two weeks there, but already have received service "above and beyond" excellent from this hotel ! At 60+, I'm not skilled in making online reservations. I had made some with one travel package service (late at night), but was so exhausted when I booked that I was worried about my choices. How lucky for me that I called the BW Plus Olathe Hotel and Suites directly the next morning, to ask some questions. The long and short of it is that Shaunak, the General Manager at BW Plus, easily and cooperatively addressed all my questions about the hotel. While explaining more about my trip, I asked him to offer some further travel suggestions. The long and short of it is that he reduced the cost of my trip by $660 by suggesting a combination of booking directly with BW and flight/car rental through a second service. And my car upgraded from economy to standard! What a relief--and pleasure. Can't wait to actually stay there! (P.S. for all you shoppers--this BW Plus is very close to the Great Mall of the Great Plains.)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
WOW! THANK YOU!

However, we can always do better and will strive to do so.

Look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was an excellent hotel for our family getaway! The rooms were extra large with very nice, modern amenities and appointments. The staff treated our whole family with kindness and respect. Would highly recommend this hotel in the KC area!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review!

We are very happy you see our hotel in a great light and hope that your post will pass on the good word about our GREAT hotel!
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The rooms were exceptionally clean and roomy. Check in at the desk was efficient and easy. Convenient to all the places we needed to go. It was a shame we did not have the time to make it for a whole weekend, the pool looked so inviting. The breakfast was very nice and pleantiful in a large and spacious room. Ensure to call the hotel for your room request, because they can get you what you need. The 800 operator told us all rooms were pet friendly, but the hotel has nice rooms set aside on a lower floor (for those neccessary trips), these were not reserved smoking rooms either as in other hotels.

1 Thank Wilebo
Thank you for your review about the hotel.

We're glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that your enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. While we are a pet friendly hotel, not all of our rooms are used to accomodate pets. Only a select few are set aside and reserved as pet rooms and that is in respect to our guests that may have pet allergies.

Our hotel is also 100% smoke free, but there are rooms available on the first floor located near an exit for people who do smoke.
Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Although this hotel was a little farther south than desired, it was worth the drive! We stayed for four nights and were very pleased. Rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was outstanding. Hot, delicious breakfast everyday. This will definitely be our place to stay when visiting friends and family in Kansas City. Nice to see and feel that midwest friendliness!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank summertimeMontana
BW-Gen-Mgr, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Olathe Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you very much for the fantastic response!

It is great to see that great guests but awesome comments helping other realize how fantastic we are.

Thank you again!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed one night during a trip. The rooms was great, the staff very helpful and friendly. Before we left we booked 2 rooms for our return trip and had another great stay on our way home! The breakfast was great on both days. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick H
We're extremely glad to know that you enjoyed both of your visits to our hotel and we do hope to see you again in the future.

We have made some recent changes to our breakfast selection and would love to hear your opinion the next time that you come into town.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!