All reviewsthe concierge loungefront desknice hotelbreakfast buffetfull servicekansas cityfitness centerwi fiwould stay here againone night staybeds were very comfortablebusiness triphousekeeping staffconvenient locationindoor poolomeletstarbucks
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed one night for business. I have been doing too much traveling lately, and this place was a heavenly respite. Quietest hotel I have ever been in. Not one sound from the hall, or next door on either side. I realize this is also a factor of other guests at the hotel, or possibly lack thereof. Bed was very comfortable, and a good breakfast the next day. All in all, just a very nice property in my book.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Overland Park Marriott when in town for a wedding a few weeks ago, and had a great stay! The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was very friendly. The only issue I had was the internet. No Wi-Fi, and you had to pay for it in addition to the room cost. Not a big deal, but I was suprised that they didn't even have Wi-Fi!

Overall, we were very happy though, and would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I spent four nights at the Overland Park Marriott when I was in town for a family wedding. It was just exactly what I needed--and for $60 a night via Priceline, I would definitely go back!

It's clean. They've put lots of effort into the lobby, clearly, which is modern and chic and well designed, with a nice bar, big screen TVs, and, yes, dance music. The rooms were comfy, the beds were comfy, and I was happy.

I worked out at the fitness center every day. It was definitely adequate, and I was the only person in there every time. The indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi looked lovely, although I didn't make it in for a dip.

My only gripes? Internet is via ethernet cord and costs money. And sodas were $2.50 a pop (no pun intended)--both from the soda machines and at the front desk. Highway robbery, anyone?

But, I'm a happy camper. If life ever sees fit to send me to Kansas City again, I would go back.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked through Priceline, and the first room they gave us was right next to the laundry room and very noisy, but they quickly switched us to a regular room with a great king mattress. We slept well, the place was well kept. Except the parking lot, where in 4 days the overflowing trash was never emptied. Great fitness center and nice pool. Small refrigerator in room. We enjoyed ourselves. Just one thought. This is rated a four star hotel, and didn't feel like "luxury", just nice upscale. Guess there's star inflation!

Room Tip: If they put you next to the laundry room ask to switch!
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago. We were only going to stay a few days visiting a very infirmed family member. Unfortunatly he took a turn for the worse and died. We kept extending our stay every day for a week. Management bent over backwards to accommodate us.I felt that every employee of the hotel cared about what we went through. We even received a sympathy card from the gals in the Concierge lounge. Thank you Overland Park Marriott. You have renewed my faith that a big company can bend and sway to take care of people in need.

1  Thank ylddog