All reviewsthe concierge loungefront desknice hotelbreakfast buffetfull servicekansas cityfitness centerwi fiwould stay here againone night staybeds were very comfortablebusiness triphousekeeping staffconvenient locationindoor poolomeletstarbucks
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Really the hotel was just a hair away from excellent. The staff was spectacular. When I arrived and went to my room and it just wasn't right (the bed didn't feel right, I wasn't on the side of the hotel I preferred etc.) they moved me immediately to a nicer room on a higher floor on the other side. The food in this hotel is not to be believed. This is not hotel food. I don't know if I'm staying in this hotel again, but I may actually stay in another hotel and travel to this one for the food! The sushi bar, the restaurant, it was all VERY high quality (very surprising for a hotel). So where's that 5th star. Well, unfortunately the beds (in both the room I left and the second one) have mattresses that I'm guessing have been there since the Reagan administration. As someone who had back surgery less than a year ago, I often prefer Marriott properties because, in general, they tend to have firmer mattresses (in fact some people think too firm). Someone here had the great idea of laying on those funky giant pads on top of the old mattresses ... this only makes them softer, lumpier and less comfortable (the entire Hampton Inn chain is currently learning this lesson the hard way). So full marks for everything but the bed. If you're an old soft bed person, don't miss this hotel, otherwise, you might just come for the food.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel is fine. Not bad, not awesome. Not impressive at any particular thing, but has a decent amount to offer. Lot's of space in the lobby. Good restaurants. A decent concierge lounge. For a business trip, it's good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and have never had a bad experience. The staff is friendly. The rooms are very CLEAN. The layout of the rooms is good - nice access to electrical outlets from the desk. Good size television. Convenient location. Overall good hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed for conference. Hotel was great. Clean quiet rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank trip_person_007
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We decided to visit Kansas City on Friday afternoon and drove down from Minneapolis. We booked a great rate at the Overland Park Marriott at $99 per night including breakfast for two. The room was average and adjusting the thermostat didn't have any affect on the room temperature. I was satisfied with the room because the rate was good, but I think the rooms in this hotel are due for a remodel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple