All reviews the concierge lounge front desk nice hotel breakfast buffet full service kansas city fitness center wi fi would stay here again one night stay beds were very comfortable business trip housekeeping staff convenient location indoor pool omelet starbucks
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed on a business trip and found the hotel to be clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was one of the better ones I have seen - omelets to order in addition to the usual stuff. I'm really picky about beds, and I found theirs to be pretty comfortable, though the pillows were only average.

Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank T J
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed here for 3 months on business. It is a pretty great location if doing business in the Overland Park area. The staff is great, attentive and the concierge floor amenities are great.

The rooms are big, and it is a quiet place. There are a number of hookups for HDTV and other devices - great if you have an Apple TV or other streaming devices.

I would recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a south exposure are the better rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lawerence S
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed here for work and a convention, or I would have chosen a different hotel due to cost but I am glad I stayed there after all. The room was amazing the staff excellent and the restaurants had wonderful food. The pool is not the best location but very well kept and a nice size.

Room Tip: Take advantage of their technology kiosk in the lobby, have a cup of Starbucks coffee and plug in under the counter top and get your work caught up in a comfortable atmosphere!
1  Thank landlockedNE
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This was a very nice hotel in a great loacation. Staff were very pleasant, rooms were very nice and well equiped. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
1  Thank RomaM
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Really the hotel was just a hair away from excellent. The staff was spectacular. When I arrived and went to my room and it just wasn't right (the bed didn't feel right, I wasn't on the side of the hotel I preferred etc.) they moved me immediately to a nicer room on a higher floor on the other side. The food in this hotel is not to be believed. This is not hotel food. I don't know if I'm staying in this hotel again, but I may actually stay in another hotel and travel to this one for the food! The sushi bar, the restaurant, it was all VERY high quality (very surprising for a hotel). So where's that 5th star. Well, unfortunately the beds (in both the room I left and the second one) have mattresses that I'm guessing have been there since the Reagan administration. As someone who had back surgery less than a year ago, I often prefer Marriott properties because, in general, they tend to have firmer mattresses (in fact some people think too firm). Someone here had the great idea of laying on those funky giant pads on top of the old mattresses ... this only makes them softer, lumpier and less comfortable (the entire Hampton Inn chain is currently learning this lesson the hard way). So full marks for everything but the bed. If you're an old soft bed person, don't miss this hotel, otherwise, you might just come for the food.