All reviews the concierge lounge front desk nice hotel full service breakfast buffet kansas city comfortable bed lobby bar fitness center wi fi would stay here again business trip one night stay housekeeping staff convenient location up to date indoor pool
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed one night at the Overland Park Marriott recently for business--though I wish it could have been longer! The hotel is overall clean and very well kept. The staff is friendly, helpful, and approachable. The food and drinks were very good. I especially enjoyed the sushi at Nikko (one of of the only places I could find sushi in Kansas) and the extensive breakfast buffet. It was also very easy to find, as it is located right off the 435. Will absolutely stay here again whenever I get the chance.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2012

A rather dated property the Marriott provides a good place to stay with clean and comfortable rooms. If it were a Courtyard or a Fairfield Inn then I would have probably rated it better but my expectations were higher.

Pool is nice and the gym although small was open until late, which was very convenient.

For lack of better choices in this area I may end up staying here again. That said, the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Overland Park Marriott for three nights with family, while in town for a graduation. All of the staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. While the room wasn't as big as in other Marriott's I have stayed in, the beds were very comfortable and all of the Marriott amenities were there. The only minor issue was a slight odor from the vent in the room when the heat kicked on, but luckily it was very warm out so we had the A/C on most of the time. The Starbucks in the lobby was nice to have, as were the pool tables next to the bar area. While we didn't get to use the fitness center or indoor/outdoor pool, they were very big and looked very well maintained. Overall, the hotel met all of our needs and more, and I would suggest it to anyone traveling to Overland Park, KS.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jdt0622
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Business---why else be in KS in June---100 degrees...could hear the corn in the fields popping.

In a very business laden 'burb of KC...nice area, upscale housing and businesses...not top od scale but not the dregs either.

Conveniently located just off rts 435---major road. Close to many restaurants and services---and office parks.

If flying-NO SHUTTLE to airport---cab is $75-$95 One Way! Be aware!!

Bar is ok, didn't eat in restaurant, room clean and a little noisy (2nd floor---could hear convo from mtg rooms below)...mattress a 6.5 out of 10. Wireless that worked-but at a charge. OK...but makemsure you rent a car---!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick201
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I found this Marriott to be quite pleasant. The lobby and restaurant areas were new looking and tastefully decorated. Although I only stayed for one night and was unable to take advantage of the onsite restaurants, Starbucks, pool or fitness center, I enjoyed my stay. My room was at the end of a corridor and extremely quiet -- I heard no noise at all from the adjacent room. The bedding was wonderful; the room had a memory foam mattress that was extremely comfortable and excellent linens. The pillows were a bit small, but still comfortable. The room had a huge television with standard channels and some pay-per-view options. Room service is also available.

The bathroom was nothing special, but it was very clean. Also, I really liked that the in-room coffee and tea were located near the desk area and not inside the bathroom.

I would highly recommend this Marriott. I would have given this property five stars had it had a larger bathroom and a better selection of in-room tea and coffee. Also, although I didn't take my computer, it appeared that a cable was provided for in-room internet access. I didn't see anything that indicated wireless was available.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business