“Always a Nice Place to Stay”

Marriott Kansas City Overland Park
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Centrally located just off 435 & Metcalf so it's a great location. We try to stay here when we're in KC b3cause it's just so nice. Front counter staff is very friendly. Beds are extremely comfortable, clean, updated room.
Lots of places to eat at if you're wanting to venture out. Let me suggest J. Gilbert's, it's one of our favorite. Would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for the positive feedback and I agree, J Gilberts serves an amazing steak!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I guess that I should lower my standards before I stay at any property so I am not disappointed. I was on a cross country road trip wit my wife and two girls and chose this property for the amazing pool advertised. It is an indoor/outdoor pool. My daughter is 10 and loves pools but she was the first to notice the brown ring around the waterline. We did not swim based on the dirty water.
I did point the issue out to front desk and the response was disappointing when they said we will talk to someone. I am platinum with Marriott but just disappointed that this property was not up to what I would call the Marriott standard.
I also asked for an upgrade but got a small plain room even though it was not very full on a Sunday night.
In all fairness I did get a note from a manager that they were looking into the water issue but this was a little too late for a disappointed 10 year old.
I would not say that I could recommend this property.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with feedback regarding your experience. As it pertains to the condition of the pool, you are absolutely correct and I would share your exact thoughts if put in the same position. I sincerely and deeply apologize as I can understand how this affected the time you meant to spend with your family. We were treating the pool over that weekend but the abundance of usage from the amateur sports tournament overwhelmed the typical chemical ratios. We have put measures in place to ensure we react more quickly if a similar set of circumstances should ever arise. Again, we are deeply sorry. If I can be of assistance in any way, please feel free to reach out.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Even though it's an older Marriott property, we found it to be very clean, comfortable & well maintained. Check in was a bliss, we were recognized as platinum Marriott members and were up in our room in no time. Bed was too soft (it's probably time for a new one), which wasn't really a problem & we got a great nice sleep. Everything worked in room & on property. We had a nice dinner at their restaurant. We both had grilled chicken sandwiches with fries and it was really good, good service as well. I enjoyed the indoor hot tub. Pool was cold, but it was a very hot, humid day, so I enjoyed a quick swim. I used their laundry facility. All the staff we encountered were both pleasant & professional. We were really having a blast staying here, 5 stars stay until we visited their restaurant for breakfast, which was a total nightmare. I presented our breakfast voucher for platinum members to the lady who seated us and she rudely said that we can only get bread and cereal and if we want "other items" we need to pay. I immediately walked all the way back to the front desk and told the lady there that person who checked us in said that this voucher would be good for breakfast buffet ( I didn't care to have an omelet, just wanted to make a waffle) I was very surprised when front desk lady told me that it is actually a co pay if we want.... "other items" I never understood which items??? We never had this problem at any other Marriott property. Usually when concierge lounge is closed, they send us to to the restaurant for a complete breakfast. Front desk lady did agree to call the clerk at the restaurant and tell them to honor our voucher "because we were not properly notified upon check in" So I went back there and we finally sit down to have breakfast. Same lady who told us we can only have bread and cereal, had a major attitude, we had to beg for coffee, when I told her that the sausage container is empty and there is at least 10 ppl waiting, she just asked "what... you need some?" Cooks were actually very nice, but waitstaff terrible. Also those vouchers indicate that gratuity is included. We still always leave a tip, but this experience was so bad, we weren't going to. One of the waiters gave me a check and "talked me into" leaving a tip. Just a terrible breakfast experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank USAtraveler365
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott hotel family and for providing feedback on your recent experience at hotel (both the good as well as the bad). When a guest stays at a Marriott hotel they expect and deserve, at the very least, quality accommodations and service. Based on the feedback you provided, we failed to meet these most basic expectations during this stay. Suffice to say that I am very sorry to learn that you were so negatively affected by the interaction with a member of our team. Please know that we will investigate this matter, discuss with the broader team and utilize this example as a means of training our associates. Thank you again for providing your feedback and I wish you well in all future travels.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

As Always, Check in process was quick and Efficient. Beds are nice and comfortable and there is lots of parking. Hotel was nice and quiet with nice sunset views over the prairies.

There are few/no places to really walk around here. The hotel Bar/Restaurant are quite good though so you don't need to go far.

Wifi is on the expensive side. I still can't understand hotels that charge for Wifi. In this day and age, basic wifi should be free at all hotels.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I have shared your thoughts with our team. In particular, your positive feedback specific to the hotel staff interactions and dining experience. As it pertains to the cost of internet, I wanted to share that ALL Marriott Rewards members do receive complimentary internet if the reservation is reserved via a direct channel. In other words, via Marriott.com or by calling any Marriott hotel directly. I hope this is helpful, as you plan future trips. Thank you for being our guest and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The hotel was very personable.The rooms were quite roomy and the service was great. Everyone at the hotel was helpful. The hotel is everything you expect from a Marriott. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is staying in KC.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is right near the conference center with a huge choice of restaurants close by. Staff very friendly and helpful. They did a wonderful job staffing up during the busy times. Lobby was beautifully appointed, rooms were nothing special. I had requested a foam pillow via the mobile app during mobile check in and never received it. For a Marriott the room, bathroom and quality of bedding was disappointing.

Stayed: August 2017
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for staying with the Overland Park Marriott during your recent visit to the Kansas City area, and for providing candid feedback specific to that stay. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future so that we may provide you with an even better service experience!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Overall, great service. Staff smiled and greeted us every time we entered the hotel. Everything was great with our stay. Would have liked the pool to be larger; however, overall the rooms were comfortable and all was good. Will recommend and stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chad M, General Manager at Marriott Kansas City Overland Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to host you again on your next trip to Kansas City!