“If all you need is a bed and a shower, it works.”

Days Inn Overland Park
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 16 October 2015

All I needed for this 4-night stay was a comfortable bed and a shower. That's what I got. The owner/managers are curt, expressionless, and clearly unhappy. Don't think about the "continental breakfast," unless you're into danish and dry cereal. If I cared about any of these "extras," I never would have stayed here. As it was, I got what I needed at a great price. Just don't expect more.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you're carrying a lot. Stairs are a pain.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Stayed the night before surgery in the morning . It was nice and clean . Quiet and had a good night's sleep .

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2015

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2015

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2015

We wanted to stay somewhere inexpensive and this hotel certainly was cheap. But...I've stayed at inexpensive hotels before that were so much cleaner. We did not receive the discount price indicated when I booked the reservation, but customer service at the Days Inn headquarters took care of reimbursing us later. When we arrived, the toilet seat (which I hope had just been cleaned) and shower curtain were wet, the caulking around the bathtub had black mold spots, and the paint on the back of the door was peeling. After trying to get our quoted rate and clarified and being told customer service would look into it, we were so tired from traveling that I just took pictures of everything. Hair was on the soap dish and the floor was sticky. There was a moldy/musty smell throughout the room, the top of the microwave was dirty, the walls were scuffed and in need of painting, and it would have been nice to have had some kleenex provided. I checked the bed; it appeared to be clean and I have to admit it was very comfortable. The towels were clean and soft. We could hear traffic from outside the door, which was in terrible shape because the locks had been moved around. We turned on the air conditioner to muffle the traffic sounds. Breakfast (raisin bread, muffins, yogurt, apples, raisin bran, froot loops, coffee, milk, and apple and orange juice) was good (nothing fancy - only 3 tables), but my husband said the coffee tasted weird and I thought the orange juice tasted strange (I hope the containers had been cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis). When my husband checked us out, I asked him if the guy at the front desk asked how our room was. All the guy said was thank you when my husband gave him the key; no questions asked. I would not stay here again; it did serve the purpose, but next time we need a hotel our money will go towards a better hotel. We've always enjoyed our stays at Best Westerns, LaQuintas, and Drury Inns, so we'll try them next trip around.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple