“Nice hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Minnesota, USA
“Nice hotel for the price”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I got this hotel for a good deal on priceline while passing through on a driving trip for one night. Conveniently located just off I-35, but was still relatively quiet. They offered me my choice of bed type even though I booked on priceline. There is a Green Mill Restaurant attached to the hotel at which I ate. It was quite empty late in the evening but food and service were both good. Rooms are fairly standard, nothing special but clean and adequate. About what I'd expect.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Guest

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay.

We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park Kansas and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I'm not one to normally go out of my way to comment on a business unless something went wrong but I decided this place was deserving. I just recently began staying at Holiday Inn's again. I had heard that some were getting better. This hotel was great! Although there were still some cosmetice improvements to be made, it was very comfortable. We were so thankful for the pool as the kids were in need of some fun after hours in the SUV. We were lucky enough to have one of the suites with two new flat screens.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The word that comes to mind of this place was "meh". There was nothing really wrong with it, I've stayed in better places and in worse places so it gets 3 stars. I think if you are looking for a place to stay in the area that won't break the bank and is clean and un-memorable I would suggest this place. I picked it only because it was near a freind's house and under $100 a night so I guess my criteria were limited and I got what I was looking for.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Dear Guest, Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay. I am, however, disappointed that we failed to deliver a more memorable experience as we strive for much higher standards. Please contact me directly should you return to the area as I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence.
Norman, OK
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This hotel was very conveniently located near I-35, as well as state highway 69. Hardly anything was more than 10 minutes away. The front desk was both friendly and efficient, managing to check-in numerous guests arriving for a soccer tournament fairly quickly, and painlessly. The 2-bed rooms had just doubles, versus queen beds, but everything was clean and not cramped. The on-site restaurant, the Green Mill, served a (barely) acceptable breakfast buffet, but their pizzas were frankly horrible. My daughter ate one piece and pronounced it gross. I tried it and agreed. My sausage and pepperoni was noteworthy only in that it was arguable the worst pizza I have ever eaten. I can't speak to the rest of their menu or room-service. I'd happily stay here again, but I would definitely eat off-premises

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pathfinndr
GM-36, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Dear Guest,
It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our great location and the cleanliness we maintain daily. Please accept my apologies for any restaurant issues that you experienced during your stay as we strive for much higher standards. If you find a need for lodging in this area again, I would like the opportunity to earn back your business. Please contact me directly for a future reservation.
Humble, TX
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed here for a convention & were lucky enough to get a two room suite. The room was spotless & the bed was extremely comfortable. The management went out of their way to make sure everything was right for our convention. The breakfast was incredibly good. If I am ever back in Overland Park, I know where I am going to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent visit. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park in the near future.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend while up in KC for Ren Fest. The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job of stopping by while we were gone (we never did see them). We got one of the first floor suites for a small additional charge. Both the sitting room and the bedroom had LCD televisions with all your standard channels.

The sinks are outside the bathroom so one person can shower while the other gets ready without fogging up the mirror. They also have the pillow order service so I go my fluffy pillows and my wife got her hard-as-a-rock pillows. Our room also had a 5 or 6 cup coffee maker which was nice because the coffee at the Green Mill restaurant in the hotel is horrible, I don't mean just a little bad, I mean I can't remember the last time I had coffee this horrendous before type bad!

The restaurant in general is not worth the money. Some of the food is "okay" but most of it is sub-par. The service seems to be hit or miss also. Do NOT order room service, it's a complete rip off. 18% gratuity + a delivery fee + they ask for an additional tip! We were like 50 feet from the restaurant... wish someone would pay me to walk 50 feet!

Overall though the hotel itself is very nice and the staff is very friendly. Fastest check-in I have ever experienced! We'll stay here again next time we head up to KC!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We're happy to learn you enjoyed your stay.

I have forwarded your comments to the restaurant management & staff as we strive for much higher standards than it appears you received. You’re positive accolades are greatly appreciated however we welcome the comments that help us improve even more.

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park Kansas and we'll look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the area.

Alan Jenner
Rooms Division Manager
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This Hotel is typical of what is found in the chain. It was clean, quiet, well maintined and the staff was helpful. It offered the best value in the area and plenty of free parking. It is convienient to the conference center.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
• Dear Guest

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay.

Alan Jenner