Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Overland Park
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Check-in was quick. Room was neat and clean. Quiet. Fridge and microwave in room. Just stayed 1 night and didn't get to use the pool. Breakfast was good, service quick; rather expensive, but on-site and nothing terribly close by. Overall good experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thanks for the glowing comments regarding your recent stay.
We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park Kansas and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The hotel was adequate. I would have been mad if I paid the regular price. I booked through Priceline. I've stayed in nicer 2 star hotels. Room was clean enough but beds and pillows seemed uncomfortable. The bathroom had a slight sewer smell. It was very quiet after 9pm which was really nice. No microwaves or fridges in regular rooms. My biggest gripe was I overheard the nighttime manager rent a room to a teenager. First he told him he couldn't rent a room since he was under 21. The he asked the kid if he had his girl there with him and told him he didn't want any trouble from him and went ahead and gave him a room. So, I guess it's a popular place for teens to get a room even if underage!

Room Tip: I would ask next time for a higher level on the outside of the hotel. The inner rooms overlook the...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay as we strive for much higher standards. If you find a need for lodging in this area again, I would like the opportunity to earn back your business. Please contact me directly for a future reservation.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Nice location great staff and good value ..rooms were spacious and clean restaurant had decent food the pizza is good..Had guest laundry that was very nice and clean well maintained machines ...lots of hot water for a shower the swimming pool area was very nice there was always people in the pool the few nights I was there lots of places to eat and shop close by. Very close to interstate easy on and off. I would defiantly stay here again...

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was a little concerned when I read some of the other reviews of this hotel. We got this one on Priceline for a great price so I figured at least we didn't pay that much. I was very pleasantly surprised that the hotel was very nice. There is always going to be something to complain about if you look hard enough, but we found very little. The curtains in our room were constantly blowing from the fan underneath, but we put phone books on top of them and that held them in place. The bed was very comfortable, and I always like the pillows at Holiday Inns. Having a refrigerator to put our food in was a nice extra. Unlike one of the other reviews I read, I thought that the rooms were very nice and were as well maintained as the lobby area. We were only there overnight, so didn't use any of the amenities, but found the room to be quite comfortable and a nice atmosphere for just hanging out and watching tv.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martha G
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay.

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I got this hotel for a good deal on priceline while passing through on a driving trip for one night. Conveniently located just off I-35, but was still relatively quiet. They offered me my choice of bed type even though I booked on priceline. There is a Green Mill Restaurant attached to the hotel at which I ate. It was quite empty late in the evening but food and service were both good. Rooms are fairly standard, nothing special but clean and adequate. About what I'd expect.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear Guest

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I'm not one to normally go out of my way to comment on a business unless something went wrong but I decided this place was deserving. I just recently began staying at Holiday Inn's again. I had heard that some were getting better. This hotel was great! Although there were still some cosmetice improvements to be made, it was very comfortable. We were so thankful for the pool as the kids were in need of some fun after hours in the SUV. We were lucky enough to have one of the suites with two new flat screens.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 17 October 2011

The word that comes to mind of this place was "meh". There was nothing really wrong with it, I've stayed in better places and in worse places so it gets 3 stars. I think if you are looking for a place to stay in the area that won't break the bank and is clean and un-memorable I would suggest this place. I picked it only because it was near a freind's house and under $100 a night so I guess my criteria were limited and I got what I was looking for.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Guest, Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay. I am, however, disappointed that we failed to deliver a more memorable experience as we strive for much higher standards. Please contact me directly should you return to the area as I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence.