“Good place for breakfast!”
Review of The Big Biscuit

The Big Biscuit
Ranked #34 of 547 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Carb loaded but delicious breakfast food. Lobby is small and not easy to wait in. Once you are seated at a booth you will be satisfied with great breakfast food and biscuits. I was taken here for my birthday for the first time. Nice surprise.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Party of six, our orders were taken quickly. Delivery of five orders came, sixth was for chicken, biscuits and gravy. Waitress explained delay of 'a few minutes' as they had to 'make more gravy'. OK, this is a restaurant known for biscuits and gravy. Several minutes passed, order was delivered, chicken, gravy, no biscuit. Again, "making more biscuits." This was a Sunday and I am sure they had been very busy, but there were not that many customers in the restaurant at the time, and it was nearing closing time, but this was excessive considering five orders were delivered, the sixth took another ten minutes or more to completely deliver to the table. AND, there was never an apology of any kind. Had called the manager over while waiting for the biscuit, since the waitress had disappeared. (Presumably in the kitchen waiting for the biscuit to finish baking?) He just said he'd check on it, no 'sorry.
I don't blame the waitress and tipped her as usual, not her fault. But the kitchen and the manager, if that's what the guy in 'business casual' was who came over. After all of that, the food, while plentiful in volume, was just fair. I had a romaine salad with buttermilk chicken/dressing. I had rather unfortunate stomach issues an hour later. Would not go bavck.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018

We went here for a family breakfast and it was very good. We all had something different, I had the breakfast burrito which was huge, another had a benedict but not the traditional one...I can't remember the name but it was really good. The french toast and chocolate chip pancakes were also good. We all could have shared as the portions were huge. We will be back again!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We came here based on reviews. Mail-order bride e of items for breakfast and one lunch item that was offered in the a.m. pricing on most items is $10 and under for breakfast. Service was good and items came out quickly. The biscuits were definitely the best part. Large and fluffy and tasty with or without gravy. We would definitely go back everybody was happy with what they ordered.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

My wife son and I were visiting Overland Park for a family wedding. Well trying to find where my sister was staying we came across the Big Biscuit and thought that look like a place it looked like a good place for breakfast.

The next morning at the crack of 10 a.m. we rolled into The Big Biscuit. We were greeted why a man with a very deep voice enthusisticly told us "Welcome to The Big Biscuit!"

We were led to a table where a waiter and waitress in training greeted us. We ordered drinks, coffee, a decaf and an iced tea. My son and I were stoked to find out that are coffees came with refill decanters that they left at the table. Nice move.

After looking the menu over my son decided on Chicken and Waffles. My wife decided on the old standby sausage and eggs and I went for the Popeye omelette. The Popeye omelette has spinach mushrooms and jack cheese and comes with a biscuit. My son and I also ordered another biscuit with gravy to share.

Our orders quickly arrived. My son's Chicken and Waffles were as good as any he's ever had. My Popeye omelette was a tiny bit dry but still good my wife liked her sausage and eggs. She said the eggs were prepared just right. As for the biscuits they were wonderful. Large fluffy on the inside lightly golden brown on the outside the sausage gravy was a wonderful accompaniment. They're very large and you could easily make a meal out of one with gravy.

As I said we were visiting Kansas for wedding so I'm not sure I'll ever have the chance to visit The Big Biscuit again but if I'm ever in the area I would do it in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: June 2018