Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
All reviews mineral spa manitou springs gift shop dead sea bacon pool area fries across the street small town healing waters get away mini fridge hidden gem many years waters edge restaurant staff room rate
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2020

Stayed a few nights as we have done many times before. We enjoyed the spa and the rooms were good, however disappointed to find out breakfast is no longer included due to Covid?? Seems that Covid is just another excuse for some businesses to squeeze out more money from customers. I could understand if they no longer had the breakfast buffet, but rather a few breakfast meal options that were included with the room, but how does me paying for breakfast help prevent the spread? With no menu items including drinks and $3 for a simple cup of orange juice expect to pay another $60 easily every morning for a small family.

Date of stay: November 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

thank you for your review Bill. I understand your frustration, but I can assure you we are making ZERO money off of Covid. The reality of our decision to stop the free breakfast buffet is very simple, and i will try my best to explain the details. Due to buffets not being a possibility any longer, we tried to serve a plated free breakfast to our hotel guests when we reopened July 8/2020 but failed at it due to the limited seating capacity of our small dining room due to covid 19 new rules for restaurants (50% capacity). We simply could not get 270 people through our dining room in a 3 hours span which is our peak period of guests coming for breakfast. We even used our convention rooms for breakfast seating overflow, but even that was not enough seating as it takes much longer to serve a plated breakfast compared to a buffet and our turnover of guests was simply not quick enough. It resulted in many unhappy guests as they had to wait to be seated. Those issues, coupled with the fact that we did not have a hotel room rate increase for the previous two years, and that we were closed for 3 1/2 months due to Covid earlier in the year and suffered financially during that closure, we decided to eliminate the free breakfast instead of implementing of a 2020 hotel room rate increase.
If you require more information please do not hesitate to contact the GM Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net, or call the Resort at 306-946-2233 to discuss further as we are doing our absolute best with all of the new restrictions. Thank you.

Reviewed October 22, 2020 via mobile

I am hesitant to leave a review,,,, only because I don't want people to find out about this hidden treasure in our beautiful province!
Upon check-in, you could see they were very covid conscious! Masks were worn by all staff, and there were staff cleaning everywhere!
They were all friendly, as you could see their eyes smiling!
Our room wasn't ready (we were a bit early), but we were told we could go to the pool,,,, you didn't have to tell me twice!
We rented locks from the pool for our two day stay. And from there,,,, we jumped right in!!! Hahahaha! We weren't sure what to expect, but, the pools were amazing! We spent the majority of our time floating in the deepend,,, with pool noodles under our arms for just a little support. You see, I am a sinker! Always have been. And,, I am a bigger woman, but, I FLOATED! We spent hours in there! There was a restriction in place because of Covid, so they were limiting the amount of people in there, which, quite frankly, I was thrilled with!
I had seen a sign a check-in, that recommended making reservations for the restaurant, because of covid, as seating was limited. And, so we did!
After our swim, we got to check into our beautiful, comfortable, cozy room. We opted for the king size bed and suite, and for the price,,, it was a deal! We cleaned up, and had some time, but the weather wasn't so nice. So we hopped across the street for a cocktail before supper. Not your high-end bar, but cozy, hole-in-the-wall bar with friendly staff.
After a couple of drinks, it was back to the hotel for supper. We were greeted by a host, who took us to our table. I don't think there is a table with a bad view in the whole place! We ordered wine,,, and supper. Oh. My. Goodness. We were not ready for that! I had chicken a la Oscar,, I think that's what it was called. Delicious! And sooooooo much to eat! My husband had steak, and he is a bit of a steak snob,,, and he was thrilled with his choice! For dessert we shared (because we were beyond stuffed at this point), a deep fried pecan cheesecake! Let me tell you,,, you HAVE to try this!!! AMAZING!
So, we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant, back to our comfortable room for a good night's sleep.
In the morning, it was back to the restaurant for a mouth watering breakfast! They have it all! Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, well, you get the idea. Same friendly staff, and even better view in the daytime!
We went back to the pool, for a relaxing morning dip!
Check out was easy,,, well not that easy, as, I didn't want to leave!
So, prior to going there, I have had this sometimes painful, itchy, not contagious rash on my hand. And guess what,,, it has cleared up since then!
On my personal FB page, I posted highlights of our trip,,, and friends of mine went, only because of our experience and recommendation!
So, what I am saying, is that you should go. Book now. I can't believe we had never gone before, and we are already planning on going back!
You should also google it. The minerals in the water are similar to that of the dead sea! The healings that have happened are amazing!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2020

Hello! Thank you for your review & lovely comments about your experience at our Resort! We are so thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time with us! Thank you for coming, and we certainly hope to see you back again! Until then, take care.

Reviewed October 5, 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the Villa and it was the dirtiest,smelliest hole I have ever seen, the first room that was given us , the panel on the wall was tore off, the floor was soft it stunk like mold. Went down the villa a few doors, to check out a room the cleaning ladies just came out of, there was dried blood on the bathroom light switch, a dead bug (roach?) on the sill, and dead flies on the floor, the menu was dirty, and it stunk as well. We checked out early!! Was very disappointing and disgusting. We drove 5 hrs for this !!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 480trudyc
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we do apologize if your room was not up to our high standards! Our policy is that if our guests are not happy with their room, we could have gladly moved you to a room more to your liking as we do have many different types of rooms to choose from. I would love to hear more about the date of your stay so we can properly look into this matter as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and resort so please email the GM Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net or call him at the Resort at 306-946-2233. Thank you.

Reviewed September 28, 2020

I was lucky enough to go to Manitou Springs Resort with my sister this past weekend. Beginning with our check in with the wonderful José, we loved the spa and our amazing lake view room with two queen beds. I highly recommend this lovely location. The restaurant at the resort is a fantastic steak house. We loved the friendly chef and our food!

Room tip: ask for a room in the main lodge with a lake view
Date of stay: September 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2020

Hello! Thank you for your kind comments about our Resort! We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and enjoyed our amenities! Thank you very much for coming, we hope to see you back again! Take care.

Reviewed August 31, 2020

Stayed in August 2020. Room does need a refresh but clean and we had a good sleep. upon arrival, we were greeted rather impolitely by an older middle aged heavy set caucasion femaile that was not kind at all. We had hoped to have an early check in if possible. This was not feasible, and I completely understand that, it was explained to us upon reservation, so no problem at all. What we were no pleased with was the ill-manners of this lady at the front desk. Clearly she does not like her job or the customers she encounters or was having a bad day, and was going to make another customer suffer along with her today. At one point she complained that other guests "don't care" and "check out late" while shrugging her shoulders. This lady loudly told us that our room may not even be ready for 4 pm, our check in time, while shrugging her shoulders again, indicating that she could care less, or had no control. Although I understood the situation, how rude and condescending to your guests. Sad, because I found the restaurant, very nice, pool very nice and gift shop very nice.

Room tip: Be Careful of Grumpy Front Desk Older Staff Lady...
Date of stay: August 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your review! We are so sorry to hear that your experience wasn't as expected, as we strive to provide the best quality service possible for our customers. We would appreciate it if you could contact the manager Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net to discuss further! Thank you and we apologize again about this!