Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
All reviews mineral spa manitou springs gift shop dead sea bacon pool area fries across the street small town healing waters get away mini fridge hidden gem many years waters edge restaurant staff room rate
Selected filters
Reviewed December 6, 2020

I’ve stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and I’ve always enjoyed my stays. This time around, I brought a friend with me as we were both craving a mini-vacation. I will break this visit down as follows:

Accommodations: We stayed in a double queen room and it came equipped with a coffee maker, mini fridge, and a safe. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean.

Service: Service was excellent, from the front desk to the staff in the restaurant everyone was very good. Special shout-out to the restaurant staff who had us laughing every time we ate there.

Food: No complaints about the food. We ate in the restaurant 4 times (2 breakfasts and 2 suppers) and it was all wonderful. Following all covid protocols as well.

Amenities: pool as always was great. Great covid protocols and sanitization.

Location: my previous visits have been during the summer. This place is very nice in the winter time also! We went for a walk in Wellington Park (on recommendation from one of the servers in the restaurant) and it had beautiful scenery. Everyone we ran into on our walk was very friendly. I grew up in a small town and never knew how much I missed that small town vibe until visiting Manitou Lake. During the winter pretty much everything in Manitou is closed, but Watrous is only a short drive away if you need anything.

Value: Overall this hotel has great value for the price. When I stayed here previously, a delicious free breakfast buffet was included in the room rate, and due to covid they can’t offer the breakfast buffet which is understandable. It does make the trip less cost effective when you have to pay for breakfast, especially when you are still being charged extra on your room rate if there is more than one person staying in the room. The room rate should include at least 2 guests (especially a room with 2 beds), in my opinion. That said, I know everyone has had a difficult year, and the rates are still very reasonable for what you get. I was just happy to get out of the city and this hotel provided me with the perfect getaway. I will be back:)

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for your wonderful review of Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa! We appreciate all of your lovely feedback about our Resort and the amenities we offer, and all of your feedback is much valued! Thank you for coming, and we hope to see you back again! Take care.

Reviewed November 13, 2020

Stayed a few nights as we have done many times before. We enjoyed the spa and the rooms were good, however disappointed to find out breakfast is no longer included due to Covid?? Seems that Covid is just another excuse for some businesses to squeeze out more money from customers. I could understand if they no longer had the breakfast buffet, but rather a few breakfast meal options that were included with the room, but how does me paying for breakfast help prevent the spread? With no menu items including drinks and $3 for a simple cup of orange juice expect to pay another $60 easily every morning for a small family.

Date of stay: November 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

thank you for your review Bill. I understand your frustration, but I can assure you we are making ZERO money off of Covid. The reality of our decision to stop the free breakfast buffet is very simple, and i will try my best to explain the details. Due to buffets not being a possibility any longer, we tried to serve a plated free breakfast to our hotel guests when we reopened July 8/2020 but failed at it due to the limited seating capacity of our small dining room due to covid 19 new rules for restaurants (50% capacity). We simply could not get 270 people through our dining room in a 3 hours span which is our peak period of guests coming for breakfast. We even used our convention rooms for breakfast seating overflow, but even that was not enough seating as it takes much longer to serve a plated breakfast compared to a buffet and our turnover of guests was simply not quick enough. It resulted in many unhappy guests as they had to wait to be seated. Those issues, coupled with the fact that we did not have a hotel room rate increase for the previous two years, and that we were closed for 3 1/2 months due to Covid earlier in the year and suffered financially during that closure, we decided to eliminate the free breakfast instead of implementing of a 2020 hotel room rate increase.
If you require more information please do not hesitate to contact the GM Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net, or call the Resort at 306-946-2233 to discuss further as we are doing our absolute best with all of the new restrictions. Thank you.

Reviewed October 22, 2020 via mobile

I am hesitant to leave a review,,,, only because I don't want people to find out about this hidden treasure in our beautiful province!
Upon check-in, you could see they were very covid conscious! Masks were worn by all staff, and there were staff cleaning everywhere!
They were all friendly, as you could see their eyes smiling!
Our room wasn't ready (we were a bit early), but we were told we could go to the pool,,,, you didn't have to tell me twice!
We rented locks from the pool for our two day stay. And from there,,,, we jumped right in!!! Hahahaha! We weren't sure what to expect, but, the pools were amazing! We spent the majority of our time floating in the deepend,,, with pool noodles under our arms for just a little support. You see, I am a sinker! Always have been. And,, I am a bigger woman, but, I FLOATED! We spent hours in there! There was a restriction in place because of Covid, so they were limiting the amount of people in there, which, quite frankly, I was thrilled with!
I had seen a sign a check-in, that recommended making reservations for the restaurant, because of covid, as seating was limited. And, so we did!
After our swim, we got to check into our beautiful, comfortable, cozy room. We opted for the king size bed and suite, and for the price,,, it was a deal! We cleaned up, and had some time, but the weather wasn't so nice. So we hopped across the street for a cocktail before supper. Not your high-end bar, but cozy, hole-in-the-wall bar with friendly staff.
After a couple of drinks, it was back to the hotel for supper. We were greeted by a host, who took us to our table. I don't think there is a table with a bad view in the whole place! We ordered wine,,, and supper. Oh. My. Goodness. We were not ready for that! I had chicken a la Oscar,, I think that's what it was called. Delicious! And sooooooo much to eat! My husband had steak, and he is a bit of a steak snob,,, and he was thrilled with his choice! For dessert we shared (because we were beyond stuffed at this point), a deep fried pecan cheesecake! Let me tell you,,, you HAVE to try this!!! AMAZING!
So, we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant, back to our comfortable room for a good night's sleep.
In the morning, it was back to the restaurant for a mouth watering breakfast! They have it all! Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, well, you get the idea. Same friendly staff, and even better view in the daytime!
We went back to the pool, for a relaxing morning dip!
Check out was easy,,, well not that easy, as, I didn't want to leave!
So, prior to going there, I have had this sometimes painful, itchy, not contagious rash on my hand. And guess what,,, it has cleared up since then!
On my personal FB page, I posted highlights of our trip,,, and friends of mine went, only because of our experience and recommendation!
So, what I am saying, is that you should go. Book now. I can't believe we had never gone before, and we are already planning on going back!
You should also google it. The minerals in the water are similar to that of the dead sea! The healings that have happened are amazing!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2020

Hello! Thank you for your review & lovely comments about your experience at our Resort! We are so thrilled to hear that you had such an amazing time with us! Thank you for coming, and we certainly hope to see you back again! Until then, take care.

Reviewed October 5, 2020 via mobile

We stayed in the Villa and it was the dirtiest,smelliest hole I have ever seen, the first room that was given us , the panel on the wall was tore off, the floor was soft it stunk like mold. Went down the villa a few doors, to check out a room the cleaning ladies just came out of, there was dried blood on the bathroom light switch, a dead bug (roach?) on the sill, and dead flies on the floor, the menu was dirty, and it stunk as well. We checked out early!! Was very disappointing and disgusting. We drove 5 hrs for this !!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 480trudyc
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we do apologize if your room was not up to our high standards! Our policy is that if our guests are not happy with their room, we could have gladly moved you to a room more to your liking as we do have many different types of rooms to choose from. I would love to hear more about the date of your stay so we can properly look into this matter as we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms and resort so please email the GM Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net or call him at the Resort at 306-946-2233. Thank you.

Reviewed September 28, 2020

I was lucky enough to go to Manitou Springs Resort with my sister this past weekend. Beginning with our check in with the wonderful José, we loved the spa and our amazing lake view room with two queen beds. I highly recommend this lovely location. The restaurant at the resort is a fantastic steak house. We loved the friendly chef and our food!

Room tip: ask for a room in the main lodge with a lake view
Date of stay: September 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2020

Hello! Thank you for your kind comments about our Resort! We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and enjoyed our amenities! Thank you very much for coming, we hope to see you back again! Take care.