2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$134
TravelocityUS$134
CheapTicketsUS$134
Orbitz.comUS$134
TripadvisorUS$134
All reviews mineral spa manitou springs gift shop dead sea bacon pool area fries across the street small town healing waters get away mini fridge hidden gem many years waters edge restaurant staff room rate
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2021

My wife and I spent 2 nights on a Winter Package at Manitou recently as a little COVID getaway.

We both had an excellent time. Our room was very clean, our time in the Mineral Spa and massage were fantastic.

I must say, the highlight of our stay was definitely the service we received at breakfast with our server Karre. He was both a fantastic server, while also providing us with entertainment at our table... (no joke) lol. He was a very friendly face to see in the morning, and when we return in the Summer, we hope to see him again!

Date of stay: March 2021
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2021

Hi there! Thanks for your review of Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa! We are so pleased to hear we could provide you and your wife with a nice getaway, and thank you for your feedback on the service you received! Thank you for coming and we hope you will visit us again soon! Take care!

Reviewed January 3, 2021

My name is Kaiya and I am 8 years old and I swear my mom too we both think Karre is the BEST server EVER!!! he does magic tricks, pranks !!! he even did a magic trick prank!!!

HE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!

Mom here - Karre is easily the most charismatic server I have seen in many years. He made both of us smile so much our cheeks hurt!

Date of stay: December 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2021

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review! We are so pleased to hear that our staff could make your dining experience so enjoyable for you & your family! We appreciate all of your kind comments & thank you for coming! We hope to see you back again soon! Take care.

Reviewed December 29, 2020 via mobile

Just spend 2 days there. Covid protocols make anywhere a challenge but this was decent. The hotel room beds and bedding is super comfortable. The walls are thin and noise can be easily heard in the rooms from hallway and neighboring rooms. The cafe by poolside is reasonable. The pool is a nice break but with this Covid, they only allow 100 in the pool area at a time. You don't have to mask up in the pool area, which if we did, would have been a deal breaker. However bear in mind with the 100 person limit in the pool there is often line-ups to get in, which is not great when that's why people go there, but they don't limit the guests in the hotel. So you could wind up spending more time in your room than you hoped. There are people coming in off the street as well to use the pool. They also no longer offer buffet breakfast with your stay..

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanbewcyk
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2021

Hello, thanks for your review of Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa! We appreciate all of your feedback, as we are doing our very best to give all of our customers a great experience at our Resort while still following covid 19 protocols! We apologize that the breakfast buffet is not offered at this moment due to covid 19 restrictions so we can keep everyone safe. Thank you for coming! We hope you will be back again. Take care.

Reviewed December 6, 2020

I’ve stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and I’ve always enjoyed my stays. This time around, I brought a friend with me as we were both craving a mini-vacation. I will break this visit down as follows:

Accommodations: We stayed in a double queen room and it came equipped with a coffee maker, mini fridge, and a safe. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean.

Service: Service was excellent, from the front desk to the staff in the restaurant everyone was very good. Special shout-out to the restaurant staff who had us laughing every time we ate there.

Food: No complaints about the food. We ate in the restaurant 4 times (2 breakfasts and 2 suppers) and it was all wonderful. Following all covid protocols as well.

Amenities: pool as always was great. Great covid protocols and sanitization.

Location: my previous visits have been during the summer. This place is very nice in the winter time also! We went for a walk in Wellington Park (on recommendation from one of the servers in the restaurant) and it had beautiful scenery. Everyone we ran into on our walk was very friendly. I grew up in a small town and never knew how much I missed that small town vibe until visiting Manitou Lake. During the winter pretty much everything in Manitou is closed, but Watrous is only a short drive away if you need anything.

Value: Overall this hotel has great value for the price. When I stayed here previously, a delicious free breakfast buffet was included in the room rate, and due to covid they can’t offer the breakfast buffet which is understandable. It does make the trip less cost effective when you have to pay for breakfast, especially when you are still being charged extra on your room rate if there is more than one person staying in the room. The room rate should include at least 2 guests (especially a room with 2 beds), in my opinion. That said, I know everyone has had a difficult year, and the rates are still very reasonable for what you get. I was just happy to get out of the city and this hotel provided me with the perfect getaway. I will be back:)

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2020

Hi there! Thank you for your wonderful review of Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa! We appreciate all of your lovely feedback about our Resort and the amenities we offer, and all of your feedback is much valued! Thank you for coming, and we hope to see you back again! Take care.

Reviewed November 13, 2020

Stayed a few nights as we have done many times before. We enjoyed the spa and the rooms were good, however disappointed to find out breakfast is no longer included due to Covid?? Seems that Covid is just another excuse for some businesses to squeeze out more money from customers. I could understand if they no longer had the breakfast buffet, but rather a few breakfast meal options that were included with the room, but how does me paying for breakfast help prevent the spread? With no menu items including drinks and $3 for a simple cup of orange juice expect to pay another $60 easily every morning for a small family.

Date of stay: November 2020
Dwight Hayter, Owner at Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2020

thank you for your review Bill. I understand your frustration, but I can assure you we are making ZERO money off of Covid. The reality of our decision to stop the free breakfast buffet is very simple, and i will try my best to explain the details. Due to buffets not being a possibility any longer, we tried to serve a plated free breakfast to our hotel guests when we reopened July 8/2020 but failed at it due to the limited seating capacity of our small dining room due to covid 19 new rules for restaurants (50% capacity). We simply could not get 270 people through our dining room in a 3 hours span which is our peak period of guests coming for breakfast. We even used our convention rooms for breakfast seating overflow, but even that was not enough seating as it takes much longer to serve a plated breakfast compared to a buffet and our turnover of guests was simply not quick enough. It resulted in many unhappy guests as they had to wait to be seated. Those issues, coupled with the fact that we did not have a hotel room rate increase for the previous two years, and that we were closed for 3 1/2 months due to Covid earlier in the year and suffered financially during that closure, we decided to eliminate the free breakfast instead of implementing of a 2020 hotel room rate increase.
If you require more information please do not hesitate to contact the GM Dwight at dhmanitousprings@sasktel.net, or call the Resort at 306-946-2233 to discuss further as we are doing our absolute best with all of the new restrictions. Thank you.