“Like Hamptons”
Review of Hampton Inn Salina

Hampton Inn Salina
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Salina
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Hampton Inns are usually my first choice and wasn't disappointed. Their pool was warmer than most hotel pools which was nice. The room was clean and quiet and breakfast, as usual, was great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I stayed one night here en route to Colorado -- after an 8 hour drive. The service was excellent! First, I called for a reservation when I was on the road, and the Front Desk staffer suggested I take a room on the 3rd floor so it would be quiet. An easy check-in, and my room was in great shape - quiet, comfortable bed, good internet. Breakfast in the morning featured hot items (eggs, meats, etc) and the coffee was quite good actually. There are several restaurants nearby as well.

Room Tip: take a room on the 3rd floor...no noise whatsoever
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This is our second time staying at this hotel. There is nothing really good or bad to say about this hotel. The room was fine and we had no problem checking in or checking out. One reason why we returned was the indoor pool. My wife and I found the pool to be very nice and to be a little bigger than other hotel pools. Unfortunately, we did not get a chance to swim this time. Even though it is located on the south side of town, there is a Walmart across the street in case you need anything.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saturndriver
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We were driving through Kansas and decided to stop at this hotel. Marissa at the front desk was so very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a double queen room and what a surprise! Room was very large, had a table and chairs, comfortable chair with ottoman, and a very nice bathroom. Price seemed a little high, but be sure and ask for any discounts you might be eligible for. We were on our way home from a 2-week vacation, and I was so glad to finally find a place this nice. Hotel is very clean, quiet room. There is a beautiful indoor pool although we did not try it out. Free breakfast was great - omelets, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, waffles, cereal, pastries - lots and lots of choices. Great breakfast!!! The only problem we had was the cold water in the bathroom - was VERY warm most of the time. We called this to their attention, and they were very attentive and even offered us another room. We were tired, already had our bags open, and decided to keep the room. Worked out ok - we like hot showers. There is a Walmart, Sams, restaurants - all across the street, easy walking distance. Great, great hotel - I highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: I think this was a double queen "mini-suite" - had mini fridge and microwave, so maybe tha...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn on the south side of Salina for one night. I was expecting a very nice hotel for the price of $125/night with a great breakfast. Turned out to be not quite what I had hoped for. The room was dated, had screws coming out of the light switch covers which I discovered by the top of the screw coming up under my finger nail when I attempted to turn the light on (OUCH!). Overall the cleanliness of the room was average just very dated. Breakfast was poor in my opinion but average for most hotels of this class. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My biggest disappointment for this hotel was the price, if it would of been in the $85 range, I would of been ok, but for $125/night, not worth it in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank radiowaves
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Stayed here 4 days for business, the furnishings are a little dated. Hotel is very clean and the staff is great. If I am ever back in the area this is my choice for hotels.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Stayed here on a cross country motorcycle trip. Front desk staff, esp. Amanda Little, were very helpful with ideas for food, etc. We were allowed to park our bike under the portico, out of the weather and out of the way of cars.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family