All reviewspancake machinefront deskthe breakfast areabathroom countercinnamon rollsroom was cleanqueen roomindoor poolnice hotelthe wi fithird floorroom rateshower headvisit familyenjoyed our stayother guestswill stay there again
Reviewed July 22, 2015

I stayed at this hotel for several nights. It was decent. The rooms just have showers, no baths. The breakfast was good (eggs or omelets, pancakes, toast, cereal, juice, coffee.) They even had gluten-free bagels available. The room was clean. The stairways could have used a bit of attention. There were quite a few bugs. The A/C kept the first floor cool, but upstairs the halls were quite toasty. The room had a working A/C, so it was not a problem once you were in your room. I would say this felt more like a business hotel than a family-friendly hotel. It worked for me. It was clean & the breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor to avoid excess noise
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2015

Dear BuddieE,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express NW Maize. I am glad to know you enjoyed the breakfast and your room. Also I want to thank you for letting us know about the AC issues, I will make sure we have that looked at and taken care of.
Hope to see you next time you are in the Maize area!

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2015

Stayed for 2 nights this week.
The room was pretty clean. Didn't smell bad. The bedding was clean, and there was plenty of towels to use. The room did not have a blow dryer, one of the bathroom lights was broken out. The hotel staff for the most part was nice, there was one person who was not the kindest and she yelled at my grandchildren for drinking juice after the free breakfast cutoff time of 0900. The shower handle was broken and the tub wouldn't drain without having to manually hold the drain open. It was close to everything the aviation museum was right up the street. We were grateful for the pool as we had 90-100 degree weather while we were there. I did not like the bed and had much trouble sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
General_ManagerICTMA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2015

Hi Ms. Regina M,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We have helpful staff that is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty. I am sorry if there was any miscommunication on our part and how you feel your grandchildren were treated. This is not the kind of service we provide. If you feel like you need to talk to us to further discuss the issue, please give us a call anytime.

Hotel Management

Reviewed March 20, 2015

I found this hotel to be very clean and the décor modern and comfortable. The beds and pillows were cozy. The free breakfast was ample and changed daily. It included eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes, toast, juice, coffee and other items. Impressive for a free hotel breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The downside to this hotel is that it is VERY loud and we did not get much sleep during our 5 day stay on a business trip. We were constantly being woken up at all hours of the night. All doors seems to slam shut and you are able to hear everything in the hall. Housekeeping using the vacuum outside our door early in the morning. You could hear everything in the room above us well into the night; pounding, knocking and people stomping around. I know that they are doing some construction on the property, maybe this accounted for the noise problem.

I would not return because of the noise issues.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
General_ManagerICTMA, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2015

Hi,

Thank you for your honest review. I understand that the minor renovation we had caused issues during your stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and frustrations you experienced. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2015 via mobile

This property must have been built very recently. Interior design of the rooms is updated and very nice. Rooms were also kept super clean throughout my stay. You know how you sometimes pick up a towel in a hotel, and it just isn't perfectly clean? Never happened at this property. You know how you sometimes look at your sheets, and they are not perfectly clean? Never happened that this property. Having a hotel get those two things perfectly right is very rare. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're in the area. Even the breakfast attendant (a sweet Filipino lady) was super nice and helpful, going far out of her way to make sure that every guest was happy. Only negative: The maids on my floor (working in pairs) were very noisy. Lots of loud conversation between them out in the hallway in the early morning hours.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelsDaWorld
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay was at the Holiday Inn Express Maize, Ks.
I am pleased to hear we met your expectations on the linens and towels, and that you enjoyed Erlinda during breakfast. Also I am very sorry about the housekeeping issue. I will speak with them about this.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2015

This is a very nice looking hotel. The breakfast was great and the lady keeping everything full was on point. The finishes were amazing throughout until the you see the shower in the King rooms. The shower was a walking with a glass sliding door. These are to keep clean and the shower itself was just an insert. Considering the lovely tile work in the entry and bathroom floor I expected the shower to be the same and not plastic, it was cheap, very disappointing.

Everything else was really great all linens and I fell in love with the mini sectional. I loved loved loved all the different light fixtures as well.

Room Tip: Apparently the double queen rooms have a tub/ shower combo may the combo is better than the King walk in shower.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business

Dear AnnMarie B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent stay. So glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us. (Minus the shower)

We hope to see you again next time you are in the Maize area.

Regards,