All reviewspancake machinefront deskbathroom counterthe breakfast areacinnamon rollsroom was cleanqueen roomindoor poolnice hotelthe wi fithird floorroom rateshower headvisit familyother guestsenjoyed our staywill stay there again
Reviewed November 15, 2016

I have stayed here a few times for work. I usually arrive after 10 PM. The front desk person remembered me from previous stays and was very friendly. Since I travel a lot, it is nice to meet friendly, helpful staff. Much appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Dear Ray C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so glad we are able to make you feel welcome and that you find our front desk staff to be so friendly and helpful. I hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express NW Maize! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Several of us stayed here for a funeral last month. It was nice to eat breakfast with many of the family down stairs before leaving for the funeral. Seemed to be a little understaffed and the bacon was extra crispy. But overall rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Dear Don L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our large breakfast area and that you were able to spend the morning with your family! We hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Maize area!

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

This Holiday Inn was nice enough. The only down side was the wifi login process which was terrible. I ended up on technical support for 20 minutes before resolution. Never had that much trouble with an iPad login before. Wifi speed was fine once connected. Nice rural area with other food choices around.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2016

Dear Cliff K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am sorry to hear you had such a hard time with hooking your ipad up to the internet. We hope you will give the Holiday Inn Express NW Maize a second chance the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed October 27, 2016

I made our reservations well in advance and requested top floor as always (it is part of my hotel profile online). When we checked in we were told they were not able to put us on the top floor. We crossed our fingers that we wouldn't get loud neighbors, but no such luck. Whoever was above us made more noise than we have ever heard in a hotel room. Running, banging, jumping...it went on for hours and then started up again first thing in the morning. The whole time we were putting up with this, I was wondering why we had not been put on the top floor. The other problem we experienced was that we found the public areas to be dirty. There were obvious spills that nobody cleaned up during our entire stay. During breakfast, we never saw anyone clean a table...the guests were wiping down the tabletops themselves. This isn't to say that the woman assigned to the breakfast area wasn't working hard...she was. But this was a large crowded hotel, and one person trying to keep all of the food replenished was inadequate for the demands. We felt that the hotel seemed understaffed...I was going to mention this when we checked out, but there was no one at the front desk! We left our keys without so much as a "thank you for your stay". We would definitely select another hotel on a future visit.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2016

Dear anameineed,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. I do hope that you will give our hotel another chance so that we can show you the service we can provide!

Reviewed September 17, 2016

I would say in general that most Holiday Inn's are fairly nice. This one followed that pattern. The front desk was polite and efficient. The cookies are a nice touch. Our room was clean. The only thing negative was that we were awoken by the maid at 8am. We did not put out the do not disturb card. So I guess some of the fault lies on us.
It was a week day and I'm sure the hotel was far from being full. So I'm just wondering why they had to start so early. We do a lot of traveling and this is the first time this has ever happened. The breakfast was fine.
In this high tech world there has to be a way to know who's checked out and who has not.

Stayed: September 2016
General_ManagerICTMA, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2016

Dear Brad B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express NW Maize. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and that our staff is doing a great job at being polite and efficient. I am sorry to hear about your experience with house keeping in the morning. Unfortunately we are generally sold out Monday nights and guest do not always let us know when they are checking out. We hope that you will still continue to stay with us on future trips to the Maize area.