“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 86 Hotels in Wichita
Wichita, Kansas
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

One of the most amazing hotels I've ever stayed in. They even scraped the ice off our windshields in the morning after it snowed. There's a shuttle driven by a nice man named Bob that took us downtown. The beds are pillow top and I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning. There's also a fireplace with real wood in it.

My ONLY complaint is that since all the rooms have hardwood floors and we were on the bottom floor, we hear the people above us walking around all night and early morning. And their dog yapping as they let it out in the morning. REQUEST A ROOM UPSTAIRS!

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room. All the rooms are hardwood and you'll be hearing the people above you w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine711smain, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review! Our goal is to go above and beyond for EVERY guest in all areas and I hope that we delivered. It sounds like you had some noisy neighbors and I do apologize, we will gladly put you upstairs when you return. Please feel free to email me at callen@hotelatwaterwalk.com if you have any other requests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I travel a lot for business and stay in many hotels. I have never written a review but I needed to do this because this place is the best place to stay. Very clean, super friendly and helpful staff, excellent coffee and food in the clubhouse. I am OCD when it comes to hotels, I read all the reviews and thoroughly check multiple websites for them as well. However, I could not find a bad review ( worth noting) to deter me from staying here. I arrived to find a mini apartment style room, with a fireplace and complimentary bottled water and snacks. Room was spacious and very clean. I enjoyed sitting on the couch by the fireplace watching TV, same thing I would be doing at home. I had a king size bed, very comfortable, lots of pillows and soft sheets. The shower was spacious and had great pressure. I ordered room service which comes from a restaurant down the street and it was delivered hot and was so good...and a great price too.
I really enjoyed working out on the Precor equipment, then enjoying coffee of my choice from their" keuring like" machine. I didn't indulge in the breakfast but the choices were plentiful, with both hot and cold options. I will be making this my hotel of choice when I travel to Wichita , which happens to be monthly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle, Thank you SO much for the kind words and the great review! We absolutely love to hear when we live up to our guests expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel at WaterWalk.
SW Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband and I travel to Wichita from our hometown (3 hours) frequently for doctor visits and have stayed at many of the hotels in town over the past few years. This hotel has earned our business from now on. From check in to check out, the staff and facilities exceeded our expectations.

We went on Valentines Day and because of high demand the room we originally booked was not available, so we received a free upgrade to one of the loft rooms. The room was very spacious with high vaulted ceilings, a fireplace and sitting area, and a very nice kitchenette. There was a full bathroom and bed downstairs, and the loft had a king sized bed and full bathroom upstairs. We consider ourselves very picky, and the room was very clean and the decor was modern. The beds were comfortable, as well as the loveseat and chair in the sitting area.

After a dinner out with friends from Wichita, we brought them back to the room for drinks and to visit. They were both impressed and thought it was well worth the money we paid, which was very reasonable.

We had neighbors below us and beside us and never noticed any noise coming from their rooms. I slept great and so did my husband, which isn't something that always happens while we are away from home. When we checked out, I went ahead and reserved rooms for us for a weekend in June when we will be in town for a concert and shopping. I highly recommend this hotel to others. After staying at the Hyatt and Hilton Garden Inn in the past, the Hotel at WaterWalk is now our hotel of choice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

The hotel at waterwalk is very nice. The rooms are very clean and the staff is friendly. The hotel is laid out as a series of seperate small buildings with a handful of rooms in each building. There is a central building with the reception and breakfast area.

The rooms look like they have been recently been remodeled. Mine had hardwood floors, which I really prefer over carpet as it is easier to keep clean. I also like that they have gotten rid of the ugly comforters that would never be cleaned, and are just using the small decorative piece at the end of the bed.

The only drawback to the hotel is that is on the quieter southwest side of downtown. Depending on the weather, it may not be walking distance to the arenas and restaurants. On the other hand, it is very easy to drive in and out of. So if you are staying in that area and don't care about the walking distance, it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the buildings looked similar to me, so I am not really sure if one is better than another.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed at the Hotel at Waterwalk after checking out Trip Advisor and they were right. Rooms were spacious (like being in a studio apt), flat-screen TV, full-sized fridge, microwave, nicely decorated. I stayed in a room with a king-sized bed and requested a fireplace room. Included a hot breakfast and the buffet had plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc. They had someone making cook-to-order omelettes, which was great. Also gave me a small welcome basket with free bottle of water, cookies, and peanuts and a personalized note. Free wi-fi throughout and nice touchscreen computer w/printer in the lobby to use free of charge. Three free newspapers to take and read (the local paper, the WSJ and USA Today). Free, brand-new shuttle vehicle to take you to/from the airport & places within five-mile radius of hotel; I called the day before I flew to Wichita to request a pickup, and the shuttle was there waiting for me at the airport when I arrived. Also, hotel is right on the free Wichita "Q" shuttle/trolley line which I used in the evening to get to the "Old Town" section of Wichita to have dinner. Very convenient; shuttle ran every 20 minutes from 6-10pm on weeknights. Old Town is a nice area to have dinner and stroll around. Very friendly staff and reasonable priced. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Hotel was near the freeway, so if you're a light sleeper, you may want to request a room away fr...
madisonville, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at Waterwalk. We went to the Brad Paisley concert and didn't have to do a thing!! The shuttle took us there and picked us up afterwards. The room was beautiful and so comfortable. The breakfast was amazing!! Fresh fruit, omelets cooked to order, and many other choices. We would highly recommend this fantastic hotel for anyone. Thanks Waterwalk!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christine711smain, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thanks so much Maxcelia! We really appreciate your feed back and we are so excited that your stay was fantastic. We hope to see you again soon!
Grand Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was our third or fourth visit to Waterwalk in the past year and we would not even consider staying elsewhere. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, luxerious bedding, fireplace, and at an impossible to beat value price. The staff is so accomodating - every request is met with above and beyond effort to make you as comfortable as possible. The breakfast is cooked to order and the morning kitchen staff is responsive and friendly. You cannot do better than this hotel!

Room Tip: We have always gotten a loft suite and found it wonderful. For a family weekend it's perfect.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ciprize
Christine711smain, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel At WaterWalk, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you SO much, Cindi for the wonderful review! We are always pleased to welcome you back and we hope to see you time and time again in the future.