“Good coffee”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I admit that I'm a bit of a coffee snob, and generally the coffee in Eastern Kentucky is not to my liking however, the coffee here is strong, good flavor, and not too expensive. Whenever I'm in Berea on business, I always stop here to get a coffee to start my day. Their lattes are acceptable, but could be a tad bit stronger on the coffee flavor. My only knock is I wish they would open earlier.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

I am a Berea College graduate and have been in and out of BC&T for years. The place has really gone downhill. The employees are jerks and service is slow. The owner has never been pleasant when I have interacted with him. The quality of the food and coffee is lackluster at best and very overpriced. The food does not live up to my expectation of what an independent cafe in Berea could be. I no longer choose to visit the shop, but I occasionally have to go if there is a meeting there. The last time I visited (for a meeting) the server was extremely rude. It was like I had inconvenienced them just by being there. I did not feel welcome. I refuse to get food there anymore, but the last time I got coffee it was oxidized from dirty coffee urns. If you want good coffee or lunch, go elsewhere. If you want to be treated like crap by moody hipsters, BC&T is your place.

3  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed September 30, 2017

This is a cozy little coffee shop. The drinks were delicious and the snacks looked wonderful! The patio out back is very nice. We didn't realize there was a patio until we walked around the block and what do you know there is the back of the coffee shop in a garden-like setting! Next time we will sit in the back!!! Wish we had a small coffee shop like this in our neighborhood!!!

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Great iced coffee. Pastries look amazing! Will definitely grab a snack next time. Planning next visit already. Friendly staff and very clean. Best coffee since vacation on Outer Banks!!

Reviewed September 18, 2017

If you need to take a load off in the middle of the day to get a little boost, this is a great place with a great selection of tea/coffee and a light bit of fare to satisfy midday.

Been to Berea Coffee & Tea? Share your experiences!