“Very Good Service and Food”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Berea
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 23, 2017

We had to wait a little bit to be seated because the kitchen was backed up. The service and food were very good. I had looked up gluten free options before going knowing that we'd be eating at a Cracker Barrel, one of my father's favorite restaurants, at some point during our family trip.

I really enjoyed the Grilled Chicken Tenderloin, Mashed Potatoes (no gravy), Fried Apples and Corn - all are Gluten Free. Other favorites from my family - Chicken Fried Chicken, Turnip Greens, Country Fried Shrimp (beware the tails are still on), Brussels Sprouts n' Kale Salad.

When I asked the server what Chicken Fried Chicken is I was told it was chicken fried by a chicken! That got a big laugh out of everyone!

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Everything on the menu is great and the portions are filling. The food is well seasoned and flavorful. I especially like the chicken and dumplings. My wife loves the meatloaf.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

The service was great. Thanks Trista! The food was just what I was craving with Fried Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Lima Beans, Fried Okra and biscuits. I love the root beer. And the shopping after the meal is fun and the items are unique. What I really like, since I was eating alone, was that my waitress got my check before I had to ask for it and before I had to sit for a long time and wait.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We came in with high expectations. Knowing that we were strangers in these parts, I asked the hostess to place us at a table with a waitress that would do well with kids. She talked to the manager and quickly had a place for us to sit (party of 9).

Emily was our waitress and did a fantastic job. She kept our coffee filled, didn't mind the kids, and didn't mind the time we took deciding what to order.

I spoke with the manager D.J. at the end of the meal to let her know that we had a great experience and to thank her for running a great restaurant. She said the hostess had told her about our request and placed us with Emily on purpose. What a great decision!

I highly recommend this restaurant, especially if you're on the road. The bathroom was clean, store was tidy, seating was prompt, food was hot. It was an all-around good time.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We ate here twice while in Berea. This restaurant lived up to Cracker Barrel's reputation - consistently good food with a wide selection. They now have calorie counts on every dish. Service was fast, even though it was busy, and the server was helpful. When in doubt about where to eat, I always know that Cracker Barrel will live up to my expectations. I would definitely return.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!