“Loved the groceries and enjoyed a simple lunch.”

Old Town Amish Store
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Berea
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a bulk foods grocery with an Amish meat and cheese deli. We make hot and cold sandwiches on homemade bread, served up with homemade side items and hot soups. We also have a wide selection of homemade baked treats!
Reviewed 3 June 2017

We planned our stop here for lunch. Sandwiches with choices of bread, meat and cheeses. I had a Veggie grilled cheese with peppers, onions and tomatoes. Dining area was simple and refillable fountain drinks. Found the grocery section to be full of spices, staples, candy, fudge (to include sugar free). Left with fudge, bourbon cheese, and fresh cinnamon raisin bread, all excellent. Some quilts and craft items for sale, too.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Interesting place to shop for homemade local goods or to eat. I had a Ruben sandwich like the last review but mine was delicious and large. Good variety of local foods. bought a loaf of sourdough bread at a good price and some cranberry honey mustard.
Just a break from the usual fast food places. Or to buy a souvenir or gift for a friend.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Another stop to take a travel break and another disappointment. The store had loads of noodles, spices, soup mixes and sweets which was interesting, our cashier was friendly well informed and helpful but the food from the deli was not good at all. The ruben was tough and stringy and the cornbread salad was beyond terrible. Another wasted stop except for waking up our blood and getting it flowing again.

1  Thank June G
Reviewed 6 May 2017

´Tis a grand day.

Old Town Amish Store is a desired stopping point.

Old Town Amish Store does provide Amish style baked goods.

My wife purchases a dozen Kentucky Derby Brownies, two dozen chocolate chip cookies, and three loaves of multi-grain bread.

We highly recommend.

2  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here many times traveling to and from Louisville. The porch area has a large picnic table and has a water spicket for thirsty dogs. I didn't have a water bowl with me so one of the deli clerks gave me a plastic cup. She's the one who let me know where I could find the water spicket. Food is good. Their BBQ pork sandwich on buttermilk toasted bread is the best! They carry several Kentucky Proud products. The only problem I see is they use styrofoam cups for their fountain drinks.

Been to Old Town Amish Store? Share your experiences!