“Why go to Cracker Barrel when you have Dinner Bell?! ”

Dinner Bell Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Berea
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

My daughter and i were in search of Sunday breakfast while visiting Berea College. We always try to avoid chains to support local businesses wherever we go.

This adventure took us to The Dinner Bell Restaurant, across the road from that famous chain. This little gem offers breakfast anytime and a full menu after 11am. We arrived around 9:30am, before the church crowd and big families arrived.

My daughter asked for cornbread instead of toast if it was ready. That is what she got. Service was attentive, food was prompt, coffee hot & prices reasonable.

They also had a neat little store adjoining the dining area. Primarily local crafts and products that supported world craft makers. Nice variety.

We will return!!

Reviewed October 30, 2017

My daughter and I ate here late on Friday evening. Our server was excellent! Our food was really good and a great value! I had chicken n dumplings, which seemed house made and were good. I had fried green tomatoes, which were fresh and VERY good! The fried cornbread pancakes were wonderful! My daughter had ham and beans and enjoyed it very much. She topped it off with chocolate cream pie, and we both enjoyed that also.

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Visited from out if town for a wedding and my family and I decided to give it a try. Being from Georgia I'm a huge fan of country cooking. This restaurant was very nice and clean, waitress was very pleasant, the food was delicious. The country ham was a little salty, but was great for me. For those not use to "country" ham, they offer the city ham as well. All and all I give it 5 stars.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful one of a kind family restaurant that cooks and serves honest, unpretentious southern cooking.

We held a family gathering of 21 people there recently and loved the homey feel of the place. The food was properly cooked, promptly served and inexpensively priced.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Nice sit down family style restaurants good home cooked meals ,good price plenty of food friendly service.

Been to Dinner Bell Restaurant? Share your experiences!