“Confused”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brooks
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Confused”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stopped here on my trip to Gatlinburg. I was given a room and the key would not work I tried 3 time and on the 3rd time a person from the room opened the door. I explained I was just given this room and showed him the key with the room number. Apologized and went to the office. The girl behind the desk seemed to be confused and not know how to run the computer. She got me a room. It was on the North end of the building. I could hear the traffic from the highway. The breakfast was cont in the AM. Nice enough. It looked like somebody should get trained or retrained in the office procedures. The room was a little shabby with the kick board was not attached to the wall. Room and bath was clean.

Room Tip: If you want ecno lodges go to the next exit.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My family stayed at this Econo Lodge in 3 separate rooms. Room 104 had bed bugs! Yuck! I hope my family members did not take bed bugs home to their house. The room my son and I stayed in had a filthy toilet-the front had "something" on it as if the toilet had overflowed and feces had run out, but only the top rim had been cleaned. The carpet was dirty and things needed to be dusted. The lights were dim and one light bulb didn't even work. We went swimming in the pool, but probably shouldn't have. There was mold or something growing on the pool steps/floor and the water was not clear as it should have been. It was a really dirty pool. The pictures online of this hotel are completely different to what the place actually looks like. The pictures on their website show a green roof, but it's actually red. The rooms look great online, but in reality are awful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank rkh79

Travellers are raving about these Brooks hotels

jhth1234
Reviewed 5 May 2011

I travel 30-40 days a year. In the past I always stayed in a Marriott branded hotels. Recently I have started Choice Hotels because of a good experience in Cocoa Beach Fl. Last month I made a reservation to stay at the Econo Lodge and Suites in Brooks KY. This week the area I live in was hit with a outbreak of tornadoes and natural disasters, no electricity, etc. I have tried to cancel my reservation, which I feel is understandable but the hotel is uncooperative. This is going to cost me $244.85 in a time that we need every penny we can get. I would have hoped this issue would have been addressed and the charge could have been waivered. I now feel that my business is unwelcome and will find other places to stay while I travel for business.

Stayed May 2011
2 Thank jhth1234
Northern New York
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Ok if you need a room for just one night. It was in need of repairs. Lights hanging out of the porch ceilings. I would stay again if I had too but not more than one night for a bed and shower.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sparky6654
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 4 November 2009

If you need just a place to sleep and nothing else this is your place! The breakfast had somewhat stale doughnuts and some bread to toast, warm orange juice, and coffee that you had to pump on like 35 times to get a cup of coffee "was told a new pump was ordered"?

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank qcdriver
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 October 2004

the rooms were neat, tidy, and clean, has a nice pool, and the express breakfast is a great idea. Room rates are reasonable. 20 minutes to downtown Louisville by freeway. I stayed here in June 2004.....I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2004, travelled on business
1 Thank Canadian Steve-O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brooks
0.4 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
0.6 km away
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
0.3 km away
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
0.7 km away
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 8 in Shepherdsville
0.4 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65
8.2 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites I-65? Share your experiences!