Twenty one people and I from Berea College working under EPG, Entrepreneurship for the public good, visited the Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park today. We used the conference room in this resort and ate lunch in the restaurant in the same place.
The conference room was large with many chairs so it was comfortable for us to present. The restaurant was also fabulous place for various reasons. First, I liked the wooden foundation and structure of the restaurant, the chairs and the doors were all made of wood. Second, an Elk statue in front of the resort is another attractive thing I saw.
I ordered Southern veggie mix with Pinto soup. I enjoyed it because they brought all vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower and, beans all freshly cooked. It was as good as home made food. I think spending time in this place was worth driving all the way from Hazard, Hampton Inn.
I wish we had more time to discover the lake, jump in one of the boats and take pictures but unfortunately, we had to leave.
So, I recommend this place to anyone who wants to spend time enjoying nature. Luwam Okbazion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort is surrounded by rolling, tree-covered hills, the lodge overlooks the beautiful 1,200-acre lake. The lodge has 36 rooms offering full amenities as well as two 2-bedroom cottages and two 3-bedroom cottages. Cottage check out by 10:00am, local time.Open year-round. Rooms are available by late afternoon. Lodge room check-out by 11:00am, local time. A limited number of lodge rooms will be available for pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Buckhorn Lake State Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckhorn Lake State Hotel Buckhorn
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort Kentucky