A friend and I took advantage of a package offered by BLRSP for a room, dinner, continental breakfast and elk tour for $150+, total for 2 people. The lodge and grounds are wonderful, rooms overlook the lake and our 2nd flr room had a nice view from the private porch with 2 chairs. Room was clean, wood walls, no microwave or refrigerator, decent TV, basically no AT&T or Verizon cell service unless you could dance around for a signal and complete your call in under 20 seconds. Dinner was very good and they were extremely flexible in meeting our needs. Continental breakfast was not good; overripe oranges and apples, danish, muffins, juice, coffee. Entire staff was friendly, helpful, and offered information about the history of the park and surrounding area. Sue Thomas gave an interesting hour presentation about the elk and Jason E. was our elk tour guide (elk tours are given in winter and fall). Jason tells great stories about the elk, life in the area, and has a wealth of knowledge about the KY elk program. I would have liked more time on the elk tour. We drove an hour to a viewing location and saw 40 elk about 300-400 yards away, awesome animals. Would have been great to find more elk at another location but we returned to the lodge before 10am. Overall, this was a very good experience and I would recommend the park, lodge and tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort is surrounded by rolling, tree-covered hills, the lodge overlooks the beautiful 1,200-acre lake. The lodge has 36 rooms offering full amenities as well as two 2-bedroom cottages and two 3-bedroom cottages. Cottage check out by 10:00am, local time.Open year-round. Rooms are available by late afternoon. Lodge room check-out by 11:00am, local time. A limited number of lodge rooms will be available for pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Buckhorn Lake State Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buckhorn Lake State Hotel Buckhorn
- Buckhorn Lake State Resort Kentucky