“Special Place”
Review of Harper House

Harper House
Reserve with OpenTable
Harper House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Cadiz
Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Vintage American Casual Restaurant located in beautiful Cadiz Kentucky in our brand new wonderfully built agriculturally inspired building . Live Piano music most nights, attentive staff and hand crafted food and cocktails. Our Executive Chef, Brett Clayton prepares delicious and eclectic dishes on our extensive menu. There is a memorable evening waiting for you to discover here at Harper House. Stop in or plan a special occasion with Chris and Nelson Daniels at the Harper House. We also have banquet facilities for parties of 12-130 guests.
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Night out for dinner with the kids home from college and their first time here! We ask their Grandfather to come too! Loved the Christmas decor and the Piano bar! We sat at the booth and enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was delicious!

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

Saw an online ad for restaurants near KY Lake featuring Harper House. My husband and I decided to check it out with another couple last Saturday night. Made a reservation through Open Table, but were a little disappointed only Bar tables were available for the time we needed. That was a great happenstance for us because the piano music in the bar was wonderful ~ a very talented musician for sure. The service was prompt for the most part and considering it was the Christmas season with many large groups. Our food was delicious and well prepared. I had the Parmesan encrusted salmon that came with sweet potato and zucchini gratin. Salmon was perfect, but the sweet potato and zucchini gratin was superb ~ it’s like a lasagna with layers of sweet potato, panko & cheese, zucchini, and more panko & cheese. Others at our table had the prime rib, the shrimp & grits, and the meatloaf. All of us were very happy with our choices. The raw oysters were cold and served on a bed of crushed ice, as they should be. The atmosphere was fun, service was good, and food was great ~ can’t beat that. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Stopped on a Friday night with no reservation while traveling through. We were just hungry and wanted a sit down dinner. I like to avoid chains, so we thought we'd give this a try. We didn't realize this was a "high end" place. But, they could seat us so we stayed. The building is very cool. But all the seating, while lovely to look at, is very uncomfortable (it's all hand done wood). It is also a very open area with tables very much on top of each other, so it is hard to have any sort of conversation. I got the pork chop which was terrible. It was so fatty I maybe had 3 bites of it. My spouse had the prime rib, which she reported to be good. Fancy mac and cheese was just ok. Brussels sprouts were good. I did complain to the waitress about my fatty chop when she took away my nearly full plate. It then took forever to get the bill and the reason was she was telling the manager about my food. Manager came over and apologized and offered a discount. I accepted. The discount was $3 on a $60 bill! Even the waitress seemed embarrassed by it as she said the manager gave me a "slight" discount when she delivered the bill.

1  Thank carivt
Reviewed November 10, 2017

This is a high end wanna be restaurant. The seating is basically around the outside of the bar area. There is a piano above the bar, but I have no idea how you would tip the musician unless you'd give your tip to the bartender to hand up to the piano player. The food was creatively prepared but not exceptionally tasty, and very expensive for what you got. The place was clean. The wait staff was attentive and the decor was unique because of the construction and the creative welding of horseshoes etc. Give it a try if you have a pocket full of money and want to see what the inside looks like. The barbeque joint that is in the rear might be a better choice but I didn'tgo there.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Prime rib was good, a bit smoky but not bad, it’s smoked so there. The potatoes are fabulous and the asparagus was good as well. Service was on par for this caliber restaurant. Next trip I’ll try the shrimp and grits. I expect they will be fabulous. Portion size will leave you with a bag to take home. Ribs are as tender as any you’ll ever get and the Brussel sprouts are something you must try. I can’t wait for a return trip.

Date of visit: October 2017

Been to Harper House? Share your experiences!