“Good food”

The Pier Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Cadiz
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Description: One of the best dining options in the greater Cadiz area, The Pier Floating Restaurant offers a lakefront breakfast, dinner and lunch in late Spring, Summer and Fall. Join us for a memorable dining experience with great food and views. Enjoy our new menu in 2016! The Pier is now under new management and is no longer run by the Donaldson Family.
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We stopped in for dinner one night while renting a cabin for a few days. We had 5 people and everyone liked their food. The catfish was amazing the outside was crisp and the fish had a great taste and large portion. Two had sandwiches and both thought they were good. Views out on the lake were great too.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Wasn't bad - eggs were done right. Little slow, staff was very friendly. Wasn't a Waffle House and didn't go back, but we cooked our own on the boat. We did think of returning but were just too lazy to take the short walk. The staff really make the whole experience - but then we live on the east coast where they honestly just don't know how to behave.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Good pizza and catfish. Smaller restaurant . We had a large group. Good for a boat stop and a break from the sun.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

I love looking for hidden dinning treasures in the area, and this one is definitely off the beaten path. The Pier is part of the Prizer Point Resort and Marina. It is a little confusing when you get there, but when you pass the 1st pavilion, turn like you are going to the "Check-in" and park there in front of the marina (this is a floating restaurant). When you come down the gang-plank to the check-in and store, you can walk through to the restaurant or walk around the outside and come in through the door from the outside dinning area. It's not a huge restaurant, but it is nice. The decor fits the marina and waterside view. The menu isn't big either - sandwiches, pizza and fish. The staff is VERY friendly and attentive, and give them an 'Excellent' rating. We order the catfish basket - I ordered the 3 piece and my wife, ordered the 2 piece basket. The catfish was cooked ;perfectly and the seasoning was as good as you'll find! I definitely put this place in my top 5 places to eat catfish, and in the West Kentucky area - Lakes area to the Mississippi River, I rate this in the top 3 places to eat fried catfish! Yes, it was that good! The fries and slaw (mayonnaise), were very good. The iced tea was very good tool. Prices were very reasonable. Even the trip back to Prizer Point Resort was pretty (if you like hardwood forest and farm land). If you are in the KY Lakes and Lake Barkley area, I highly recommend this place for anyone wanting great fried catfish. Friday nights is ALL YOU CAN EAT CATFISH for $12.99. Word of caution: Friday and Saturday nights, the closing is 9 p.m., BUT if business is slow, staff will start shutdown - cleaning the grills and fryers at 8:30 p.m., so be sure to get there before 8:30 p.m. if at all possible.

Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

My family and I always enjoyed stopping in and eating at The Pier after riding around on the boat all day. We pulled in last week and were VERY disappointed. Apparently there is a new owner and the restaurant is nothing like it once was. The menu has down-sized by a ton! Gone is the amazing basket full of catfish pieces and the best hush puppies I've ever had! There was also a grilled chicken sandwich that had grilled onions and melted cheese on sourdough bread that I would have drove for hours just to eat. My children miss the chicken bobbers and cheeseburgers and buffalo chips. We ordered a basket of "Cheese Fries" and it was a joke. It was like microwave French fries with a small handful of shredded cheese put on top. And the size was very small. It was $8....we felt robbed. Our kids got soft serve ice cream and it was half melted by the time it got to our table....and it wasn't due to the waitress taking to long, the machine needs work. $4 for a very small dish with a little chocolate syrup added. We were the only ones in the restaurant and our waitress was nice enough and made sure we had everything we needed. There were numerous waitresses there and they all sat around staring at us as we ate..awkward. It's very unfortunate that so much change has happened. This was such a great place to stop in and sit in some air conditioning and enjoy a wonderful meal that was very affordable. I'm sad that we won't be returning to something that was once a "tradition" for us.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to The Pier Restaurant? Share your experiences!