See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

We found our room to be clean and the bed comfortable. Everything worked and was in good repair. Our only negative is that we couldn’t make the closed caption work on the television for my hearing impaired wife. We will stay there, again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2017

The guy at the front desk was very sweet. The beds were clean and comfortable but the bathroom is an issue. The ceiling above the toilet was molded and painted over. The fan light was nasty and not fully attached to the ceiling. The tub and shower head were gross like no one has cleaned them in a long while and there wasn't a bathtub plug. The slip proof stickers on the tub were dirty looking. The shower curtain had meldew in the corners of it. After taking a shower I felt gross from being in there. The walls next to the bed had nasty stuff on them in several spots. The coffee pot looked like it had never been cleaned and the fridge door was nasty, the fridge didn't work either. I tried to call the office to see if they had a blow dryer that actually blew air and the phone was gross and didn't work.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Sarah,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay at our Econolodge.

Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay' We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know wnere improvement is needed so that we can serve our future guests better.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

My husband had a next day early morning surgery at Baptist Hospital which is next door to this hotel. When we checked in, the sweet lady behind the desk was great. Made us feel welcome and glad I chose this hotel. The property and room were somewhat outdated but nothing we couldn't live with due to needed a place to sleep the night before surgery. We found our room clean at first glance and even though the bed was very dated, it was comfortable to sleep. The next morning is when the horror was discovered. I got up very early and took my shower and found it to be soothing. It's what happened when my husband took his next we found the danger. He is well over 6ft (myself, I'm only stand 5ft) and happened to glance over above the shower head above the shower cabinet. He found 2 SYRINGES! One appeared to be capped while the other was not. He immediately got out of the shower and got his phone for pictures. He took 2 pictures for our reference. We were ready to check out anyways so we finished loading up to checkout with the front desk. He had to be at the hospital for his early appointment but we felt it important to be shared with the staff. Honestly, if more time would have permitted, I would have contacted the local police for their investigation. Prior to checking out too, we both made NO attempt to handle any part of what was discovered. However, we did report it to the front desk gentleman. His response was rather lackluster to say the least. He informed us that the manager would not be in until 8am and would be there until 4:30pm. It was already 7:20am and my husbands surgery was scheduled for 7:30. There was literally no time to wait. We were at the hospital well after 4:30pm and knew it would not do any good to return to the hotel to speak with management. We showed the clerk the pictures of our discovery and said something to the effect that it happens everywhere. And while he may be correct, it still doesn't excuse that it was found in our room while checked in. Makes me have to wonder what else was there that maybe couldn't be seen. My husband explain that maybe perhaps housekeeping just simply couldn't see up above that high on the cabinet, but as I stated, it still DOESN'T excuse it. I just thank God that our young granddaughters weren't traveling with us during this trip as they often do. I don't even recall if the clerk express any type of an apology as I was so upset. He never offered any type of resolution including having the manager contact us. No phone call, no email, no anything even after 2 days of passing. I have contacted corporate and if no resolution or contact is made, I will be sharing the pictures and story with the local newspaper and local news station. I am very particular about where is stay when traveling and have never had this type of experience anywhere else. I know now though that I will never trust a Choice Hotel again. I will stay further away from from my destination to avoid them. I sincerely hope that action is taken immediately to ensure nobody else ever has to endure this dangerous environment again. As a traveler, it needs to be standard policy to be able to stay in a clean and safe environment. Management is solely responsible to deliver that expectation every where in the hospitality industry. Please do not stay here or let your family and friends stay here. It simply isn't worth the risk!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Dear Mcamp1017,
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Econolodge.
Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. No excuses but our front desk always makes a note when our guests makes any suggestion or comments so as to correct the issues and it is directed to the particular department for action.
Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so that we can serve our future guests better.
Again I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience and hope you will give us another opportunity to exend our usual hospitality.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Very poor food in the morning,not much for the room space, the bathroom needs maintenance repairs,over priced for what you get.they did not called me on the wake up call but a pressure washer motor around the Hotel at 6 am did it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Jose,

Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so we can serve our future guests better.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We really considered forfeiting the non-refundable payment to "NOT" have to stay here. They had to replace a burned out bathroom bulb, just so we could see if it was clean. The first room we got had such a foul smell to it we asked for another room. They were very gracious and gave us the one next door. It did not stink but both rooms are old, wore out and in general dirty. I considered swimming, but the pool had black moldy looking stuff growing all over the walls (the water was clear) the pool carpet has moss growing all through it. I'm sorry, I just can't find anything good about it. Something good! NO BUGS that we saw! Save your money. Rm #107 & 109 are the ones I know about.

Room Tip: I really don't know if there is one good room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Econo L, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Guest,
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Econolodge.
Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so that we can serve our future guests better and make them feel home away from home.