“Excellent Hidden Gem”

Ranked #3 of 149 Restaurants in Covington
Price range: US$11 - US$49
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trendy Steakhouse voted "Best Steak" of Northern Kentucky 2013 - 2018! This cozy spot offers fresh, house made food with a large menu including delicious steaks, seafood, pastas and burgers. Dine inside or outside. No reservation required. Large groups welcome, call ahead. Located walking distance from hotels, shuttle and stadiums. Serving Brunch Sat & Sun 10 am, lunch and dinner daily. Free parking three lots behind restaurant.
Reviewed July 23, 2018

We've been here twice, once for brunch and most recently for dinner with friends. From the outside it looks like a small, hole-in-the-wall (meant in a nice way) restaurant, but it's amazing how much room and how nice it is inside. We had reservations and were seated right away. Good selection of beers on tap and by the bottle, lots of choices on the menu, reasonable prices (food and drink), casual attire. I had the "Blinkers NY Strip" and it was excellent. When we were here for brunch they did not have the entire facility open so we had no idea how many people they could accommodate. Since our visit I've mentioned the place to several of our friends and they were all aware of the place but, like me, thought it was just a burger joint from looking at the front. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

Nicely done Old Fashioned and Manhattans. Nice ambiance especially in the back courtyard. Tasty food at reasonable prices

Reviewed July 9, 2018

I have been here for lunch on back-to-back Mondays after discovering this place last week and don't see that ending anytime soon. We sat outside today and I got the feeling that they have quite a few regulars who dine here. On Mondays they run a burger special, at least during lunch, where it is $6.50 for any of their burgers. It is an amazing value as the burgers are excellent and come with homemade saratoga chips! I have had the black and bleu burger which has a cajun seasoning on it in addition to a very tastey bleu cheese, my dad had the mushroom swiss and enjoyed it very much. Dad added an egg for a little extra. The wait staff is very nice and the service was quite quick. Both times that I have visited we had our food in about 20 minutes.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We had the rehearsal dinner here. Was so impressed with the staff and the food. They were excellent in assisting us with planning. They addressed the food allergy of our guest and the young children. We had an add on guest and they easily accommodated our issue. Unfortunately it was very cold that night and we could couldn’t enjoy the arbor because of that. It is a beautiful area!

Sandy M, Owner at Blinkers Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you Cathy for your great review! We appreciate it!

Reviewed July 4, 2018

I had high hopes for this place since we went with another couple who raved about it. The service was sketchy at best. Our waiter seemed clueless, very nice but he acted like it was the first time he had ever entered the place. He didn't know the beer they had, so I ordered any IPA. He said they had a 50 West IPA so I thought "great". Instead he brought me a Blue Moon clone - yech!!! So we went to bar ourselves to check the taps. They had one the said Truth but when we inquired they told us it was not Truth, they just hadn't bothered to change the tap handle yet. Really??? I had a burger that was okay but the waiter screwed up our checks multiple times as well. All in all not the best experience.