“LOVED OUR STAY HERE-- We highly recommend it.”

Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 14 August 2016

From the time we checked in until check out we were very impressed. Let me start by the front desk staff/ they were all very nice & friendly and helpful. Danny was our salvation --- we had made reservations at another hotel close by only to find it to be a dump and I called the Marriott a block away and Danny made our transition easy. He was awaiting our arrival with a smile on his face and key in hand for us. Our room was very nice/ updated and EXTREMELY CLEAN. The whole experience was pleasant. You are close to several restaurants so it is easy to find exactly what you are looking for . We opted for Frisch's Big Boy for breakfast on two occassions.
You will not go wrong staying here. Loved the views of the city from our room as well. (8th floor)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for the amazing review! I am happy to hear that you found your room to be clean and that Danny was able to assist you. We hope we will see you again soon

Reviewed 9 August 2016

Hotel and rooms were clean and fairly updated. FREE Parking garage with access only for guests - very nice. The outside area is sketchy but felt safe in the day light. The trolley is GREAT. $1.00 brings you on a loop through Cincinnati crossing the river. Go to the mall in Newport KY and then walk over the purple people bridge (NO cars on this bridge). Once you walk over the bridge in Cinci, walk down the stairs and stroll along the park and river. SAFE and CLEAN. Yes there is a train next to the Hotel I am not a light sleeper, it didn't wake any of us.... Go to KAZE for Sushi - WOW!!

Room Tip: Higher room better view of the River and city..
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to explore the area. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Nicely decorated, comfortable hotel. Our room was upgraded-the room was quite large on the river side. The train did not wake us in the night. Free covered, guest only access parking garage is a nice touch. Good option while visiting Cincinnati as it is very convenient to downtown without the downtown prices!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for the kind review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, we hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

This was a beautiful hotel! The hot tub was wonderful and I couldn't resist getting in the pool too. The front desk staff was efficient, nice and accommodating. I didn't mind staying on the 8th floor either. Controlling the temperature in the rooms was also really easy.
The entire room was clean and had more than enough night stands for computers, phones, etc. You DO have to pay for breakfast at their Bistro in the lobby and it isn't exactly cheap, but you can budget for it. They have lunch and dinner as well. There is also a McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King and White Castle all within walking distance.
The wifi was pretty decent too. You don't need to pay for the faster one, the standard free wifi worked just fine. If I'd been gone from the room for a while I did have to reconnect when I came back but it was easy. I didn't drive so I'm not sure about the parking PRICES but the garage is right next to the hotel.
The bed was so comfortable and I had a king size so I had more than enough room. You can easily watch TV from the bed too, or anywhere really because it swivels. I think the rooms on the river side are a little more expensive because I had the view out into Kentucky but it was still nice. They did have a curtain covering up part of the wall where you'd think there'd be another window but I didn't mind the view.
Getting around was easy too. I was going to a concert at the US Bank Arena and it wasn't far at all! There's a shuttle stop less than a block away that will take you straight across the river to the arena, the ballpark and the stadium area for $1. It was quick and convenient! The shuttle runs about every 15 minutes.
Overall it was a great trip. It's a convenient location and beats the price of staying across the river. If you're going to a ball game or any event near the arenas I highly recommend this hotel! It's #1 in Covington for a reason, I think. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: River side would give you a better view but they're more expensive rooms
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lauren G
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Thank you for the amazing review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your room and our amenities. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are visiing the area.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Talk about OFF THE CHARTS!!! The front desk customer service at this Marriott is literally, THE BEST I have ever encountered in my 53 years. I was here for my Son's wedding last weekend and as mother of the groom was running around like a chicken with their head cut off. I had to make sure all of our more than almost 100 guests were taken care of. I could not have done it without the awesome staff from this Marriott. We literally took over the outside patio with food, fun and fellowship. No complaints for both nights. They even provided us with ice and cups. After maybe midnight, they did advise us that it was late but they made the entire lobby and sitting area available to us. Yes, we were loud but everyone was having a great time. They never once complained! I was so full of gratitude for the service and kindness extended to us by the staff. (All shifts played a part and I hope they will be recognized by Marriott for their superior service). You guys rock. The beds were also very comfy and the new room decor is ultra modern and artsy. The rooms were clean and nice. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for the amazing review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during your Son's Wedding weekend. I am glad the front desk was able to assist you and that you found your room to be clean.Thank you for letting us be a part of such a special day!

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel. You definitely get your money's worth. And the location is very close to the riverfront so it was a breeze to get around. There are tons of fast food restaurants by there in case you need a midnight snack. It's clean and the staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for the great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised by how nice this hotel was. We had a reservation on a road trip. The lobby was nice and staff very welcoming. We had a late meal in their bistro that was excellent. It was so nice not to have to find fast food at 9:30 pm. The room was quiet and bed comfortable. The room would be perfect for a business trip with a large desk and lots of plugs. We will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
GMCourtyardCincy, General Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Thank you for the amazing review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy a meal at our Bistro. We hope you will stay with us again soon.