“Nice building, but noisy”

Courtyard Cincinnati Covington
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was in town for three days and two nights to watch some Reds games. The hotel itself is very nice, but in a shabby part of town, and traffic can be kind of bad on the street in front of the hotel at times. My room was very clean and comfortable, and contained a refrigerator but no microwave. The parking garage is free and requires a room key to enter, but has no direct entry to the hotel. You have to take the garage elevator or stairs to the lobby level, then walk along the sidewalk to the main entrance. You can park in the driveway for 5-10 minutes while checking in and loading/unloading. The ice machine on the 6th floor did not work during my stay, and trains passed by on the track right next to the hotel on a regular basis. They did not blow their horns, but the rumble was noticeable. The swimming pool and hot tub are open until 11 PM.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a high floor on the west end of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
GMCourtyardCincy, Manager at Courtyard Cincinnati Covington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Taylor R,
Thank your for staying with us on your recent trip to Cincinnati to watch the Reds. I am glad to hear that you thought that the hotel was very nice and that your guest room was clean and comfortable. While we do not have microwaves in the rooms, we do have them upon request. We have passed the information about the ice machine on to our engineering team to address that. Once again, that you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip, and I hope that you give us another chance when your travels bring you back to the Covington/Cincinnati area.

Steven M
AGM
Courtyard Cincinnati Covington

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This is really a 4 1/2. The service was great, the room is within walking distance of restaurants. Covington, at spots, looks a little seedy, so I would check with the desk before walking to some areas. If we stay here again, I would ask for a higher level room so that I could see the river. Our room was inexpensive and it looked onto the levy. The trains are closely by, but that wasn't a problem for us. (All the hotels in this area would have the same issue). The room had numerous convenient electrical outlets, especially near the beds. Only complaint--the room was humid and the air conditioner didn't seem to take care of it. However, it is along the river, so I suspect that's just the way it is.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Located on 3rd in Convington, it is a great place to stay if visiting Cincinnati and don't want to spend big $$$. There is a shuttle stop right outside the hotel that takes you into downtown Cincinnati for a buck. Staff is nice a helpful. Facility is clean and well kept. Lots of familys. Plenty of room to for groups to meet on the lobby.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

The location is alright, but there are closer hotels to a bridge if you want to walk to a stadium in Cincinnati. If stayed at many similar Marriott properties for significantly less money - with breakfast included. The staff is pleasant and the parking garage is convenient.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We were here for a cousins wedding weekend and we had a great stay. The hotel is fresh and seems to be recently updated. Everyone we came across was very nice, especially housekeeping. With a wedding in house, you know your guests will be using a lot of towels and amenities. We didn't want service during our stay just because we had so much stuff in the room, but every time housekeeping knocked they still asked us if they could give us towels and other items. Very nice of them!

The location of the hotel was great too. Lots of fast food places to eat in walking distance (got to try White Castle for the first time!). There's also a trolly stop right next to the hotel ($1 ride per way) so you can go into downtown Cincy, which was only a 10 minute ride.

Overall, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Not a lot of great views, but if you're on the backside of the hotel you have a higher chance of...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2017

Some of the employees at this hotel are not necessarily very professional, particularly some of the evening front desk agents. I asked at check in in the evening what there was to do in Covington and the front desk agent told me there was nothing to do in town! I asked if there was a convention and visitors center in the area and she told me there was not. I asked where I could find information about the area, and she said "maybe at another hotel"! This hotel is not in the best part of town, and doesn't seem like it would be very safe for travelers heading out into town at night. The room was right above noisy air conditioning equipment that went on and off throughout the night and made it difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from ac equipment.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I got married May 6, 2017 and blocked rooms at the Courtyard Cincinnati Covington for my guests. Since almost all of our guests were coming from out of town, we needed a lot of rooms! But it wasn't a problem at all for them. I worked with Sadie, an event specialist, and she was phenomenal! She responded to all of my MANY questions, sometimes answering my emails within minutes, and would send me regular updates of which guests had booked rooms (something the other hotel we blocked rooms at never did). The staff was all great. They passed out welcome bags for us for free, offered a free shuttle to The Madison (where we got married) and even posted a sign in the lobby with the shuttle times. They were also so flexible. When the room block expired, they still gave the group rate to anyone else who called (as long as they had rooms available). We stayed there on our wedding night in the suite, which they discounted for us for booking so many rooms. I also stayed there the night before with my girls and when I asked what time I could check out of our room and into the suite on the wedding day, they just switched us to the suite both nights so we didn't have to worry about moving! They were fantastic, the rooms were so clean, and even the cleaning crew was incredibly attentive. They also have a free parking garage for guests, so you don't have to fight for parking on a city street. I definitely recommend them for any stay!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family